Welcome Back..

Ank Racing

I am concerned about the news about 8 drivers usage in qualifying races! IMO-If the slogan YOUR LEAGUE, YOUR RULES means anything, each league should have the option on how many drivers to score.

Ank Racing

I am concerned about the news about 8 drivers usage in qualifying races! IMO-If the slogan YOUR LEAGUE, YOUR RULES means anything, each league should have the option on how many drivers to score.
I posted this on Facebook—“Chad“ came back immediately and said that each commish could make the changes For the league.

dandr

Individual Leagues can change the number of picks and the number of, and placement of, drivers.

One thing that cannot be changed in the standard game AND in Custom Leagues is the visible "4 bench choices". It's gone, except for those few races with practice and qualifying, which will also deduct the bench driver picks from their total number of picks.

If you think of all the changes to races, and dropped races, from last year because of the virus, what's going to happen this year when that occurs? With the virus still raging, and getting worse here in Florida, Races, Dates of Races, and plans of ANY practices and qualifying runs COULD AGAIN change or be dropped.
It would have been simpler and easier to leave those 4 "bench" choices available and play the game the way it was last season. Filling in 4 Bench drivers wasn't a big deal and whomever you placed there were drivers that YOU considered playing anyways, so you had the option to drag and drop them into play. We KNOW that worked through the pandemic.
Now the entire field is your "bench" until the Green Flag ?? Where's the competition in that when everyone can change things up until the last minute?
JMO

Rusty

I had to really study the rules and find Chad's response on Facebook to understand this rule change. So on the 7 races where there is practice and qualifying we will be picking 8 drivers. The old concept of active and bench drivers is gone because all drivers will score qualifying and race points. All 8 drivers will also count against the driver allocations. So really it's no longer like having active and bench drivers it's like having 8 active drivers! Not so sure I understand the reasoning behind this change.

Wildfire Motor Sports

I had to really study the rules and find Chad's response on Facebook to understand this rule change. So on the 7 races where there is practice and qualifying we will be picking 8 drivers. The old concept of active and bench drivers is gone because all drivers will score qualifying and race points. All 8 drivers will also count against the driver allocations. So really it's no longer like having active and bench drivers it's like having 8 active drivers! Not so sure I understand the reasoning behind this change.
I admit to not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I don't understand how this adds to the game. Can I just put 4 active and 0 bench drivers in the 7 races to avoid using allocations?

dandr

I admit to not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I don't understand how this adds to the game. Can I just put 4 active and 0 bench drivers in the 7 races to avoid using allocations?
You could do that, but your score would probably be only half of what others would score.

True about the scoring. But it's a guess as to the set up even allowing you to only enter 4 active drivers. When entering picks in the past, you HAD to fill in all of the spots, 4-active and 4-bench, in order to place your entry. So we won't really know the answer until we get there as to whether it will allow you to only enter 4 active drivers.
I believe that Commissioners can "opt out" of the bench option for those 7 races, but not positive.

Last edited:
Hopefully it is a mistake and will be corrected.

Rusty

True about the scoring. But it's a guess as to the set up even allowing you to only enter 4 active drivers. When entering picks in the past, you HAD to fill in all of the spots, 4-active and 4-bench, in order to place your entry. So we won't really know the answer until we get there as to whether it will allow you to only enter 4 active drivers.
I believe that Commissioners can "opt out" of the bench option for those 7 races, but not positive.
Yes, commissioners of leagues can choose whether to use the 8-driver option for the 7 qualifying races or just stick with 4 drivers for all events. I run a small league and saw that option in the Scoring section.

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
Updated rules for The DGG..... Thanks Darren !!!!!!!

Special Scoring Options
  • DOES USE Qualifying Races.
    • These races (marked with an * on your entry page) use an 8-driver entry form that locks prior to qualifying.
    • Only the 4 'Starter' drivers earn all fantasy points and charged with a usage.
    • The 4 'Bench' drivers can earn qualifying points and are not charged with a usage.