Nashville - Ally 400

Tombo

WELL!!!! It looks like we will NOT get penalized in points for drivers that are disqualified after the race is over. Darren apparently made a change to the default rules yesterday:

(ADDED 06/21/2021): Finish Position is the driver's standing order at the end of the race. If a driver is disqualified as a result of post-race inspection, it will not change the driver's Stage Positions, Finishing Position or Laps Led.
A loose wheel makes you disqualified is a joke...nascar is a joke
Nascar has gone down hill since they made kryle busch their poster boy now they can't get back what they once were.not opinion actual fact.look it up.the decline in nascar popularity decreases dramatically once kryle and the wwenascar took over.
Now with nascar races only on streaming next year,should wipe it out completely.
I'm not paying more to watch these garbage races.
They are calling this " the best season ever" when honestly its been the worst season ever and maybe the last...

dandr

Article from 2019 regarding Post Race Inspection:

"As mentioned in an article published by Yahoo Sports’ Nick Bromberg, former Cup Series champion Kevin Harvick failed post-race inspection twice last season (2018), both times following wins. As a result, fines and points-reduction penalties were issued, but Harvick remained credited with the win."

Last edited:

dandr

• Sep 21, 2019
    MENCS - #20 Erik Jones failed post-race inspection for the cars rear-wheel alignment and was disqualified. The #20 finished fourth.

• May 24, 2020
    NCS - #48 Jimmie Johnson was disqualified from his second place finish after failing post-race Optical Scanning Station (OSS) rear alignment numbers.

dandr

A loose wheel makes you disqualified is a joke...nascar is a joke
Nascar has gone down hill since they made kryle busch their poster boy now they can't get back what they once were.not opinion actual fact.look it up.the decline in nascar popularity decreases dramatically once kryle and the wwenascar took over.
Now with nascar races only on streaming next year,should wipe it out completely.
I'm not paying more to watch these garbage races.
They are calling this " the best season ever" when honestly its been the worst season ever and maybe the last...
Not sure where you heard the races would be Steaming only next year. If you have an article, please post it Tombo. I found this Feb, 2021 article:

"On the issue of races potentially moving to streaming services in the future, Phelps said: “Do I envision a time when NASCAR Cup Series races are being streamed and that’s the only place you can get them? I would say right now, that’s not something that’s on our radar. I think that making sure there is a place where people can watch over the air – broadcast – is important to us. It’s important to our teams and our sponsors.”"

Last edited:

Tombo

Not sure where you heard the races would be Steaming only next year. If you have an article, please post it Tombo. I found this Feb, 2021 article:

"On the issue of races potentially moving to streaming services in the future, Phelps said: “Do I envision a time when NASCAR Cup Series races are being streamed and that’s the only place you can get them? I would say right now, that’s not something that’s on our radar. I think that making sure there is a place where people can watch over the air – broadcast – is important to us. It’s important to our teams and our sponsors.”"

NBC is done with sports so they will finish this season on the channel USA and they will probably run most sports on peacock nbc's streaming channel next year.nascar saying no idea yet what to do next year but is leaning to move forward with streaming for the nBC races.

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
NBC is done with sports so they will finish this season on the channel USA and they will probably run most sports on peacock nbc's streaming channel next year.nascar saying no idea yet what to do next year but is leaning to move forward with streaming for the nBC races.
And if they do, I'm done with Nascar.....(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

Tombo

Don't worry beervo2, not going to happen for years, if ever. But maybe we can tell Tombo they'll be streaming races in a few weeks and he can be done with NASCAR. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It is happening next year for most if not all NBC races.