Auto club (California) race thread...

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
Bob Pockrass@bobpockrass

Those starting at the rear: Chastain-backup, Haley-oil cooler change ... then unapproved adjustments: Harvick, Keselowski, Logano, Wallace ... KuBusch will have a pass-through after the first lap of the race.

Ank Racing

I am uncertain of my picks this week more than last week at Daytona! Last week I didn’t take many top Drivers. ——not the case today! Lots more to lose! LOL— some things never change.

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member

Jeff Gluck@jeff_gluck

NASCAR rules adjustment: You've probably seen how flat tires pretty much disable the new car. Well, as a compromise (just for today) while they work on a solution, NASCAR is going to let the driver stay in the car while they tow it to pit road and THEN start the crash clock.

Rusty

Hard to watch somebody spin out and hit nothing, pop a couple of tires, and end of on the hook and go down 2-3 laps.
It's definitely ruining the race for a lot of drivers if they get a flat. I was listening to Logano's radio last week at Daytona when he got stuck in the grass after spinning. He couldn't move and went on a rant about how the drivers told Nascar this would happen. Sounds like they were so committed to this wheel/tire combo they ignored the downside arguments.

Sleestak

It's definitely ruining the race for a lot of drivers if they get a flat. I was listening to Logano's radio last week at Daytona when he got stuck in the grass after spinning. He couldn't move and went on a rant about how the drivers told Nascar this would happen. Sounds like they were so committed to this wheel/tire combo they ignored the downside arguments.
I don't even see how it is the tire/wheel. It seems that if you go down to the wheel on a lower profile tire with a bigger diameter wheel, the car should drop less. I think the cars are just lower to the ground??? I don't know, but that's what I'm thinking.

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
I don't even see how it is the tire/wheel. It seems that if you go down to the wheel on a lower profile tire with a bigger diameter wheel, the car should drop less. I think the cars are just lower to the ground??? I don't know, but that's what I'm thinking.
I think it has more to do with that part on the rear bottom of the car, I think it's called the rear defuser..

Ank Racing

A lot of this boils down to Nascar ‘s determination to get this car on the track ( supposedly money saving, more parity, attracting more owners & money to NASCAR) However-; not enough parts, not enough backup cars, tire issues, etc. Personally, I think parity is somewhat over rated. All about $
Also longer practices could help these issues surface before the race.

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
A lot of this boils down to Nascar ‘s determination to get this car on the track ( supposedly money saving, more parity, attracting more owners & money to NASCAR) However-; not enough parts, not enough backup cars, tire issues, etc. Personally, I think parity is somewhat over rated. All about $
Exactly my thoughts to....(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

Rusty

Well, apparently 3 years of R & D wasn't enough to work all the bugs out of the NextGen car. In general I agree that it will give more parity if the big bucks teams can't spend millions fine tuning the parts. We might have witnessed that with the finishes this weekend of Jones and Suarez. It would be refreshing to see someone other than the big dogs win. Refreshing that is if I have them on my fantasy lineup!