Auto club (California) race thread...

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
Jeff Gluck @jeff_gluck

One thing to consider today and in the future (and I’m sure this has been said on TV, but I’m in the garage and don’t know): Qualifying is immediately after practice in this new format, so anyone with damage might not be able to post a speed for quals.

crashthe24

Staff member
The boys can't keep them in a straight line in qualifying. Sunday will be interesting.
this will be one of those races where another driver loses it and takes out one of your starters, but he keeps going on the lead lap while your starter ends his day in the garage.
i'm expecting many curse words to be shouted at the TV Sunday.

Sleestak

this will be one of those races where another driver loses it and takes out one of your starters, but he keeps going on the lead lap while your starter ends his day in the garage.
i'm expecting many curse words to be shouted at the TV Sunday.
I imagine teams are working feverishly to tighten up the cars. The winner will likely come from one of the cars that gets it right and doesn't end up to tight ... aka too slow.

Sleestak

A hard decision for me. Custer vs. Jones in the C bracket. The on track numbers say Jones, but Custer is good here and got the track time in XFINITY taking the win, while everyone else hasn't raced here since 2020.