Atlanta race thread

ZL1 Motorsports

I don’t think I am going to put all of my eggs ( picks) in one basket this week. Having said that—-there are a handful of drivers that seem to excel at Atlanta!
I hear ya, I don't have the confidence to put four drivers in all my leagues that are the same so I spread the love out a little bit here and there see how that works out.!😉😁🏁

Ank Racing

One good thing about no practices, we don't have to hear the same dang story 3 or 4 times in one weekend.
IMO—-
True—However, we see the same story in everything we read on line. At least with practices ( televised) we can see how the cars are running and who is lacking speed. Practices times are also helpful! Yes, they can be deceiving, but at least it is something to go on. Info from tv “experts” depends on who you trust! Again, IMO.

Tombo

In the world of sports, any sport, what is missing today is what used to draw zillions of fans. In the days of Michael Jordan half the world hated the dominance he and the Bulls had and half loved them. In the days of the Cowboys dominance in the NFL, again half the country called them Americas team and half hated them. You must have a protaganist and an antagonist to pull big crowds. NASCAR is losing popularity because there is no Tony Stewart who threw helmets at opponents, Dale Senior who "Didn't mean to wreck his opponents, he just wanted to rattle their cage" right! he ran their assses into the wall to pay them back. And sorry, but we need not less Kyle Bushes in racing, but more. Trucks would not matter to your Tombo, except that Kyle raced in the race. See? JMO
No way, the truck races are so much more better when kyle and the crew arent in them.
we need alot less kyles in lower series so them boys and girls can make and have careers instead of watching kyle steal it all away.

Tombo

No practices really hurt fantasy lineups IMO.—-Maybe next year?
I hate practices.between all 3 races at same track 9 practices and 3 qualifying too much.burns people out.the last year of racing has been great with no practices.people may not like it from a fantasy side of it but its made the races alot more entertaing and unpredictable.it used to suck watching practice and qualifying to see same car top it all just to usually dominate and win the race.now we don't know.you don't really know who gonna win til end

CheckeredPast

I hate practices.between all 3 races at same track 9 practices and 3 qualifying too much.burns people out.the last year of racing has been great with no practices.people may not like it from a fantasy side of it but its made the races alot more entertaing and unpredictable.it used to suck watching practice and qualifying to see same car top it all just to usually dominate and win the race.now we don't know.you don't really know who gonna win til end
From a personal standpoint it really doesn't matter to me 1 way or the other. Sure the scores have fallen off,but that goes for everyone so put your best foot forward and deal with it.
From a commissioners standpoint I love it! I use yahoos old qualifying rules 10-5-3-1 and have no segment points. I wanted the scores to be lower and the H2H match ups closer. Mission accomplished.

Ank Racing

When I mentioned qualifying, I was speaking of the cup series. I don’t do fantasy for trucks and Xfinity.
Richard, I have no preference if each league awards qualifying or not! —same for everyone.
As far as Cup I like to see at least 1 practice —prefer 2. I enjoy watching qualifying but it doesn’t always tell you how a car will perform in the race. IMO. Qualifying points do add a little more to shoot for!

dandr

When does inspection start? There are not too many drivers I might change—-However,maybe a few to save? Or not? really decisive aren’t I? LOL! Good luck everyone! I’m going to need ito_O:LOL::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Bob Pockrass@bobpockrass·3h

Tech is this morning. Garage just opened .. wouldn't expect to know anything for about another 4-5 hours -- they stagger the cars so they aren't all standing next to each other in line.

Ank Racing

No way, the truck races are so much more better when kyle and the crew arent in them.
we need alot less kyles in lower series so them boys and girls can make and have careers instead of watching kyle steal it all away.
You might not like the truck race at Bristol next week—How many truck regulars will finish in the top 10? A better question might be —How many have experience on dirt! It good be very interesting!

NASCARita

For hotlanta I would rather have harvick over Kyle Busch plan and simple but there's a few more drivers to look at so this is really a toss-up.!? 🤔😉

JMO, I’d go with Harvick. Kyle just doesn’t seem up to par. Kyle was in Bristol racing on the dirt ...dirt, the stuff Kyle is made for & he finished 5th... 5th!!! The only Kyle that performed at Bristol in that race was Larson, he won it .... not good for Busch’s confidence... JMO

NASCARita

In the world of sports, any sport, what is missing today is what used to draw zillions of fans. In the days of Michael Jordan half the world hated the dominance he and the Bulls had and half loved them. In the days of the Cowboys dominance in the NFL, again half the country called them Americas team and half hated them. You must have a protaganist and an antagonist to pull big crowds. NASCAR is losing popularity because there is no Tony Stewart who threw helmets at opponents, Dale Senior who "Didn't mean to wreck his opponents, he just wanted to rattle their cage" right! he ran their assses into the wall to pay them back. And sorry, but we need not less Kyle Bushes in racing, but more. Trucks would not matter to your Tombo, except that Kyle raced in the race. See? JMO

And bring back fighting. Hockey allows fighting .... let it be ok in NASCAR. We clear the benches in baseball &the fans love it. We got smack on the courts in basketball & we love it. And football... need I say more. What do these fights have in common...it lays the foundation for paybacks & rivals. We love rivals .... but we need paybacks. Why? Because it is the anticipation of a payback that we tune in for. It is the suspense of the payback building that get us glued to the TV & when the payback is given, it is what gets us on our feet yelling .... case in point...Kenseth & Logano.... we all saw it , we knew why & we all knew what was going to happen when Kenseth was just sitting there like a spider waiting for Logano to come around & we were on our feet the whole time loving it ....

so I agree with you but let the boys fight