2023 DGG game READ THIS FIRST

dpayne

Well, just ended my group. No way any of them will understand how we play free in the nfl, nhl, nba, pga, etc and you're gonna charge for a much less user friendly experience for these older guys. This will be dead in 2 seasons. Thanks for your work, but it was pointless.

dpayne

OMG!
Another idiot that just doesn't get it.
Good riddance dude!
Definitely, ain't that. I even seen that he wanted donations and was gonna donate. Getting EVERYONE in the league to donate is a different story. Glad you're helping to run ppl off though when they're asking for money. Makes perfect sense. lmao

Fat Cat

Definitely, ain't that. I even seen that he wanted donations and was gonna donate. Getting EVERYONE in the league to donate is a different story. Glad you're helping to run ppl off though when they're asking for money. Makes perfect sense. lmao
You say "Definitely, ain't that. I even seen..."
Are you drunk and/or totally uneducated?
Just go away!

dpayne

Just go away!
Wow dude, just keep me running away when I was trying to find a resolution. You're a beacon of hope for this drowning ship. Keep going you fool. I'm sure the owner appreciates it greatly.

dpayne

Just go away!
When you attack the grammar versus the message, you have zero debating skills. This was intentional. Of course, you wouldn't know that because you're an imbecile. You did manage to make my mind up though. We will all definitely play a point system this season in a pickem. Thanks for making sure I didn't pay this guy for making this game. I'd hate to know we paid for him if he has friends like you. Good job, buddy!

theNASCARGeek

I spoke too soon. My donations over the years were intended for me and my wife. User ID #1494.
$230 over the past four years should cover that. Apologies for jumping the gun when I saw my status as paid. I just assumed she was taken care of since I provided her ID# in earlier post. KillenTime User ID #1494

I don't use the forum - I'll mark your wife paid.

theNASCARGeek

Probably because people would get mad if you called it a fee.

This does not go over as well:

Please help support my effort to profit from this site. I've logged 650+ hours, so far, coding for the 2023 season. The previous five seasons I've offered Driver Group Game ad-free and free to play. This 6th season I am requesting a minimum $5 FEE per player to be made to play Driver Group Game. Play in as many leagues as you want, all are covered with this single transaction.

As I recall, when the site was started it was stated that it would ALWAYS be free so that is a little tricky also.
I know - rather than recall - that I never said DGG would always be free. I stated everywhere from the beginning (when I first put it on fantasyracingcheatsheet.com) that you were not required to have a paid subscription to my site to play the game. There is still an always free FAN subscription to FRCS.pro

During COVID - my contract work ended and I made the decision to try to bring in my share of income into the household through FRCS and DGG.

The last 2 years that I asked for donations....1.5% of the players helped by donating through the PayPal donation button I put at the top of the site. Each of those players were credited as already paid for this 2023 season.

I was not going to bring DGG back this season. It is too much expense in time/work and expense (server, email reminders) to justify me continuing to do it. My wife can only support us for so long before I lose my feeling of manly worthiness.

My logic on the 'donation' is that I don't want to limit people from giving more by setting a fixed amount. I wanted people to have the freedom to extend their generosity if they wanted to. All of the notes with the donations those 2 years (and many this year) have been filled with 'Thanks for doing this!' and 'We appreciate you'.

When I was talked into doing the game this year (in October of 2022) and advised with a payment aspect I said - "There is no way I feel comfortable charging for the game with the issues that I know it has. It is not as user-friendly as it needs to be."

Over 50% of the players use their phone to make picks. So, in my classic ADHD mode I started re-coding day and night. Literally 10-12 hours a day - 7 days a week. When I'm in that zone there is no Monday or Friday or Sunday. All days are the same for me. I'm not asking for praise on that commitment. I thrive and was having the time of my life doing it. When it was time to go to bed - all I could think about was that I couldn't wait to get up the next day and work on it more.

I feel like the site is close to my vision. I wish I could continue to code it to completion of the 'vison' I have for it. That is why I beg (to no avail) for people to read the FAQs and not be so quick to email me. Since opening the game I am bombarded with emails that have answers in the FAQS or in front of your face if you'd take the time to look.

In regards to the terminology of 'donation' (besides what I wrote above) - as a salesman, my kids would be skinny and have worn out shoes. I freely give and hate to ask and receive. PayPal makes it super easy to create a 'donation' button. Coding a 'shopping cart' button to handle secure transactions is not in my comfort level of programming. So, because of time constraints, not wanting to limit the amount and my own timidness in 'sales' I went with the donation button and phrasing. Even to opting for the 'timid' word "requesting" as opposed to what I've now be required to put (for clarification) "requiring".

Remember when Apps started to come out on our phones? We were all like, "hell no, I'm not paying $4.99 for an app!" Which is really rather ridiculous when we all have different variations of what was spoken so elegantly above by someone (sorry I didn't look who it is - but Thank You) let a 12-pack of beer get frozen in the back of our trucks and don't cry a river and bitch about it for weeks.

@Dawg (Don) you praised me so highly against the haters a few years ago I told you I was going to print that your email and put it on my whiteboard so I could read it when people got me down. Now....I think you have the classic old-and-retired-so-now-im-going-to-write-a-strongly-worded-letter-to-everyone-that-offends-me syndrome. I didn't even know you subscribed to FRCS nor that you were doing it solely to support me in my DGG efforts. I'll refund you all the money you've spent - er, actually you described it as a donation didn't you? Make up your mind - oh and fuck you!

Last edited:
It would be better just to tell people you have put a lot of work into the site and decided to turn it into a pay site. It would eliminate a lot of confusion and be more honest.

Obviously, anybody that starts up a fantasy site has the intention of making money. It is fair enough. A lot of people will pay it and a lot of people will look elsewhere. And the world goes round.

theNASCARGeek

It would be better just to tell people you have put a lot of work into the site and decided to turn it into a pay site. It would eliminate a lot of confusion and be more honest.

Obviously, anybody that starts up a fantasy site has the intention of making money. It is fair enough. A lot of people will pay it and a lot of people will look elsewhere. And the world goes round.
Thank you for your opinion.

crashthe24

Staff member
You're welcome. I may provide more later.
at some point, i hope all your negativity will include a thank you to all the people who have already donated since the games inception.
that has helped him keep the site open and not just pull the plug.
there have been many generous people along the way that have contributed more than their fair share.
we thank them for that.
maybe you could find it in your cold heart to do that too.

at some point, i hope all your negativity will include a thank you to all the people who have already donated since the games inception.
that has helped him keep the site open and not just pull the plug.
there have been many generous people along the way that have contributed more than their fair share.
we thank them for that.
maybe you could find it in your cold heart to do that too.
I hope you will realize that nobody owes anybody anything here. I could have been playing this game somewhere else the whole time. There is no point telling people that play in a free contest that they should pay $5 or sign up for 5 free contests because that makes it cheaper. People either think it is worth it or they don't. I don't think it is worth it to me personally and I don't owe you or anybody else any justification for it and neither does anybody else.

crashthe24

Staff member
yeah, we're done with you. you've said the same crap over and over.
you spend so much negative energy on hammering the same point on a site you don't like and don't want to be around.

yeah, we're done with you. you've said the same crap over and over.
you spend so much negative energy on hammering the same point on a site you don't like and don't want to be around.
Yeah, I am moving on to play for FREE. I will leave you to your acts of kindness. I hope people start to realize all that you are doing for them and people start to get it.

Whoopy

Yeah, I am moving on to play for FREE. I will leave you to your acts of kindness. I hope people start to realize all that you are doing for them and people start to get it.
Your a bum
Good riddance

I know - rather than recall - that I never said DGG would always be free. I stated everywhere from the beginning (when I first put it on fantasyracingcheatsheet.com) that you were not required to have a paid subscription to my site to play the game. There is still an always free FAN subscription to FRCS.pro

During COVID - my contract work ended and I made the decision to try to bring in my share of income into the household through FRCS and DGG.

The last 2 years that I asked for donations....1.5% of the players helped by donating through the PayPal donation button I put at the top of the site. Each of those players were credited as already paid for this 2023 season.

I was not going to bring DGG back this season. It is too much expense in time/work and expense (server, email reminders) to justify me continuing to do it. My wife can only support us for so long before I lose my feeling of manly worthiness.

My logic on the 'donation' is that I don't want to limit people from giving more by setting a fixed amount. I wanted people to have the freedom to extend their generosity if they wanted to. All of the notes with the donations those 2 years (and many this year) have been filled with 'Thanks for doing this!' and 'We appreciate you'.

When I was talked into doing the game this year (in October of 2022) and advised with a payment aspect I said - "There is no way I feel comfortable charging for the game with the issues that I know it has. It is not as user-friendly as it needs to be."

Over 50% of the players use their phone to make picks. So, in my classic ADHD mode I started re-coding day and night. Literally 10-12 hours a day - 7 days a week. When I'm in that zone there is no Monday or Friday or Sunday. All days are the same for me. I'm not asking for praise on that commitment. I thrive and was having the time of my life doing it. When it was time to go to bed - all I could think about was that I couldn't wait to get up the next day and work on it more.

I feel like the site is close to my vision. I wish I could continue to code it to completion of the 'vison' I have for it. That is why I beg (to no avail) for people to read the FAQs and not be so quick to email me. Since opening the game I am bombarded with emails that have answers in the FAQS or in front of your face if you'd take the time to look.

In regards to the terminology of 'donation' (besides what I wrote above) - as a salesman, my kids would be skinny and have worn out shoes. I freely give and hate to ask and receive. PayPal makes it super easy to create a 'donation' button. Coding a 'shopping cart' button to handle secure transactions is not in my comfort level of programming. So, because of time constraints, not wanting to limit the amount and my own timidness in 'sales' I went with the donation button and phrasing. Even to opting for the 'timid' word "requesting" as opposed to what I've now be required to put (for clarification) "requiring".

Remember when Apps started to come out on our phones? We were all like, "hell no, I'm not paying $4.99 for an app!" Which is really rather ridiculous when we all have different variations of what was spoken so elegantly above by someone (sorry I didn't look who it is - but Thank You) let a 12-pack of beer get frozen in the back of our trucks and don't cry a river and bitch about it for weeks.

@Dawg (Don) you praised me so highly against the haters a few years ago I told you I was going to print that your email and put it on my whiteboard so I could read it when people got me down. Now....I think you have the classic old-and-retired-so-now-im-going-to-write-a-strongly-worded-letter-to-everyone-that-offends-me syndrome. I didn't even know you subscribed to FRCS nor that you were doing it solely to support me in my DGG efforts. I'll refund you all the money you've spent - er, actually you described it as a donation didn't you? Make up your mind - oh and fuck you!
Thx for everything you do D!
Screw the haters
Can we as Commissioners pay for other players, if we include the $5 in our entry fee?