2023 DGG game READ THIS FIRST

crashthe24

Staff member
The week of January 23rd, 2023 is the Soft Launch of Driver Group Game. Functionality is being completed and many changes still taking place.
my inbox got pretty busy in the 1st 16 hours with questions. REMEMBER, i'm just the humble moderator not the site creator and coder.
Darren is going to make a page on the DGG game site called DEVELPEMENT ROADMAP and have it up soon,
it'll have features and functionality being worked on. check that first before you ask tons of questions because some of the bells and whistles don't work yet.
there are also a few glitches. if you have a chrome browser on your laptop, yesterday may have been painful, but we got that figured out we think.

JUST A REMINDER - Darren has spent over 650 hours re-coding the site from the ground up over the last 3 months.
he's gonna take a break for a day or 2 after being mentally drained to get it running.
we need a little patience if possible. he's still working on it.
Try not to bitch too much for now and maybe a compliment here and there would do him some good to read them.
i got the sneak peak to help look for glitches and it's a little different than last years, but it's still pretty awesome.

instead of posting new threads for issues, let's try and keep them on this one so they'll all be easier to find in one spot.
hope you can enjoy all of his hard work.

Last edited:

Donate $5 to Play​

Please help support my effort. I've logged 650+ hours, so far, coding for the 2023 season. The previous five seasons I've offered Driver Group Game ad-free and free to play. This 6th season I am requesting a minimum $5 donation per player to be made to play Driver Group Game.

YOUR STATUS: UNPAID

Please try to have your donation in by the 4th race of the season - March 12, 2023.

you say its still free right? i understand Darren has Put in So Many Hours and deserves to be paid but i have teams already paid for $25... now ask them to send 5$ more and all other teams $30 or just take $5 from every team and say its 100% payout minus league fees of $625... i have the largest league here... my lil $25 league will pay the most... wait im in 8 leagues ... is that an extra $40???

i have 125 players,,, so i need to clarify its not 100% payout as 5$ a player for 625$ will go to the site?

or is this just mis communication??? you say its still free right? i understand Darren has Put in So Many Hours and deserves to be paid but i have teams already paid for $25... now ask them to send 5$ more and all other teams $30 or just take $5 from every team and say its 100% payout minus league fees...$625 i have the largest league here... my lil $25 league will pay the most... wait im in 8 leagues ... is that an extra $40??? not sure what... as i have been contacted by multiple commissioners what is going on as they have no clue either

Read more | Make Donation

crashthe24

Staff member
free or not???
well jimmy, it was free when i posted that a week ago. i'm just the humble moderator that relays info from here to Darren because he doesn't spend much time reading the forums. i get paid zero dollars to be moderator, so i'm staying out of this one.
i just found out about the donation a little bit ago.
i'll let darren know to look at your post.

well jimmy, it was free when i posted that a week ago. i'm just the humble moderator that relays info from here to Darren because he doesn't spend much time reading the forums. i get paid zero dollars to be moderator, so i'm staying out of this one.
i just found out about the donation a little bit ago.
i'll let darren know to look at your post.
no worries all donations need to be made

Fat Cat

$5 is an extremely small price to pay for the joy and privilege of being a member of
Driver Group Game and commissioner of a 50-player pay league (ID#1426).
I personally contribute many times that amount to DGG annually and will continue
to do so. In fact, Darren is in my league and only needs to let me know who doesn't
contribute and I'll be happy to cover for them this season.
As to 2024 and beyond, I don't want anybody in my league who doesn't feel that $5
is more than fair for the great opportunity that Darren affords us.

agreed Fat Cat... it was more of a question of does it come out of league as some teams have already paid...

its only $5 for as many teams as you want play,,,

cousinsrm

Ok.... so.... this is frustrating. I understand $5 isn't a lot, but this should've been communicated if this was ever a possible thought. I already recruited new NASCAR fans to sign up and try it out. Now a few are wavering and I'm using this as a way to increase NASCAR awareness, not for gambling purposes. I also just bought the Fantasy Racing Cheat Sheet - Owner Level. Since I paid Darren for that already, can those that have bought in already get credit? Thanks.

crashthe24

Staff member
oh my god, it's less than 14 cents a race weekend for lots of fun.
if you're in more than one league it's 7 cents, or less than 5 cents for 3 leagues times 36 weeks.
maybe people could stand on a street corner with a sign that says "will work for DGG entry fee."
when someone rolls the window down and hands you a 20 and says keep it, that'd pay for you and 3 buddies.

crashthe24

Staff member
the players aren't paying the league commish the $5.
it goes to darren's link for creating the whole game.
if you're collecting from your players, they'll be pissed if they're in other leagues and pay that person $5 also.
it goes to darren, not you as the commish.
it's $5 per player for the year, so the more leagues they join, each new league entry makes the players cost go down.
it's not $5 per person per league.

crashthe24

Staff member
so for anyone who doesn't think the DGG game isn't worth 5 dollars, feel free to join my draftkings nascar league.

the link is here >> https://dkn.gs/r/KtuyFDqIy0-1tjrCxCfyTg

the league is free, BUT THE MINIMUM DePOSIT FOR A DRAFTKINGS ACCOUNT IS 5 DOLLARS.

hhmmmnnnn, that 5 dollar price point sound familiar.

No, I have started my own. I'm in the hole in the money league I was in. I can't afford any more. I'm not that crazy about the Yahoo game as it is but it will be worth it to most.