Sonoma race thread...

Ank Racing

well this seems stupid...
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass
@bobpockrass

With Atlanta racing like Daytona/Talladega, NASCAR has revised the schedule for the race next month to eliminate practice for both Cup and Xfinity. Will just do single-car, two-round qualifying (no practice), like Talladega and Daytona-August.
Imo—practice doesn’t mean a lot at superspeedways—-The only thing it might help teams get the bugs out! — not a fan of the way they are handling practices.
Not sure how NBC will handle practices and qualifying! Hope we are all able to watch!

Rusty

Imo—practice doesn’t mean a lot at superspeedways—-The only thing it might help teams get the bugs out! — not a fan of the way they are handling practices.
Not sure how NBC will handle practices and qualifying! Hope we are all able to watch!
I agree. As far as fantasy racing is concerned the practices at SS tracks never showed much anyway unless you could isolate Q runs. Ditto on the concerns about NBC coverage. I wouldn't be at all surprised if practice and qualifying are on Peacock, their streaming channel.

crashthe24

Staff member
i'm thinking it's gonna be hot as hell, so practice to see if tires blister would be nice.
everyone can use getting off and on pit road practice at those speeds.
pretty sure NBC is going to use USA network for coverage.

Rusty

i'm thinking it's gonna be hot as hell, so practice to see if tires blister would be nice.
everyone can use getting off and on pit road practice at those speeds.
pretty sure NBC is going to use USA network for coverage.
NBC will be broadcasting the remaining 20 races in the season with 9 of them being on NBC and the rest on USA. Remember, NBCSports Channel is no more. My biggest question is where will practice and qualifying be broadcast? I'm hoping on USA but wouldn't be surprised if they put it on a streaming channel only like Peacock.

crashthe24

Staff member

Ank Racing

NBC will be broadcasting the remaining 20 races in the season with 9 of them being on NBC and the rest on USA. Remember, NBCSports Channel is no more. My biggest question is where will practice and qualifying be broadcast? I'm hoping on USA but wouldn't be surprised if they put it on a streaming channel only like Peacock.
Rusty, I have the same concerns about practices and qualifying. Everything is about the money! We will be the ones to pay if our fears are realized!

Juneau4

Rusty, I have the same concerns about practices and qualifying. Everything is about the money! We will be the ones to pay if our fears are realized!
You can find all the practice and qualifying results at NASCAR.COM so I don't worry about that. I just like to watch it. :coffee:
Ank-- Crashthe 24 : Who you taking in the Truck Race as of now?

My picks as of now???

42-88
19 -16 -52-25
17-66
All are subject to change after qualifying.:unsure:

Last edited:

crashthe24

Staff member
You can find all the practice and qualifying results at NASCAR.COM so I don't worry about that. I just like to watch it. :coffee:

My picks as of now???

42-88
19 -16 -52-25
17-66
they are doing heat races so you could have a crash and your driver is headed to the back from repairs.
lock isn't until 9pm after the heats, so i'm waiting until then.

Ank Racing

My picks as of now???

42-88
19 -16 -52-25
17-66
I’m torn on picks! In A 42-88-99 ?
who is the 91 ? Anyone know anything about him?
Maybe we will know more after the heat races. I hate to use top drivers but may not have a choice. I’m no expert on trucks and certainly not on dirt.!

Ank Racing

I decided not to start my best drivers.I watched the replay of last years race. — seemed like a wreckfest

Last edited: