SCORING FOR DQ'd DRIVERS

Dawg

I'M OLD SCHOOL IF SOMEONE IS CHEATING YOUR GONE NO POINTS THATS HOW NASCAR SEE IT
AND THAT'S HOW I SEE IT
THAT'S WHY THE USA IS GOING TO SHIT !!
(IT'S OK TO BE CHEATER IN THIS WORLD AS LONG AS YOU CRY 😂🥲LIKE A BABY TO GET YOUR WAY)

JUST BE A MAN AND COWBOY UP

LOOK MOM I CHEATED BUT I GOT A TROPHY TOO (I'M A WINNER)
WHY WORK HARD AT ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS JUST CHEAT AND THEN CRY IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR WAY

MY SON DON’T CHEAT OR STEAL BECAUSE I RISED A MAN NOT A BOY
Old school??
There have always been teams doing whatever they can to gain an edge. I wonder what the late Smokey Yunick would come up with?
He used to build an oversized fuel tank, stuff a basketball in it, air it up and go through inspection (they only had a limit on the amount of fuel your tank could hold). Then he'd deflate the ball, pull it out and go racing with a basketballs worth of extra fuel.
When they caught on and standardized the size of all tanks, he built a fuel line 2" wide and 11' long. That gave him an estimated 5 gallons of fuel.
The number of and types of tricks that have been used since the moonshine days is huge. They've just gotten more exotic and expensive with time.

dkalmar57

The decision to award DQ'd drivers points is absolutely absurd on its face. Why is DGG doing this? Because of "feelings" or some BS about Jimmie Johnson's DQ who hasn't been racing in cup for 5 years? It's called the NASCAR rule book. That is what should decide how many point drivers get.

This a total clown show. The pinned message is a joke too. Just terrible arguments and justifications.

0% chance I would use this site again. Especially when there is money wagered on the league. Totally unacceptable to not follow NASCAR'S rule book.

I just found out that my wife cheated on me last weekend
but it's OK because she changed the RULE'S last year and don't read the fine print
RIGHT OR WRONG IT'S MY BAD AND NOT HER FAULT

BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW CHEATING IS OK AS LONG AS YOU CHANGE THE RULES BEFORE YOU CHEAT

Juneau4

The decision to award DQ'd drivers points is absolutely absurd on its face. Why is DGG doing this? Because of "feelings" or some BS about Jimmie Johnson's DQ who hasn't been racing in cup for 5 years? It's called the NASCAR rule book. That is what should decide how many point drivers get.

This a total clown show. The pinned message is a joke too. Just terrible arguments and justifications.

0% chance I would use this site again. Especially when there is money wagered on the league. Totally unacceptable to not follow NASCAR'S rule book.
Jimmie Johnson hasn't been racing in cup for 5 years? You must be changing how many days are in year. He retired at the end of 2020.

Why did I like your post---because it shows just how much you know.

dkalmar57

"Jimmie Johnson hasn't been racing in cup for 5 years? You must be changing how many days are in year. He retired at the end of 2020."

Ah, playing the literal word game. Very strong response. Well done. I love how not a single person on here addresses the actual issue which is why would DGG make up a rule on the spot about Ty Gibbs/Busch while also scoring based off of the UNOFFICIAL results. Not 1 person has had a legitimate response directly related to that point. It's all unsubstantive garbage. Some of you really need to take a debate 101 class. Can't even respond to the issue at hand.

AJ Johnson

I agree with the scoring the way it was handled. #! it's outlined in the rules. #2 Although Gibbs isn't going to appeal the DQ's, what if he did and succeeded? Partially or in full. Can you imagine the cluster that would be created by changing the points after race completion, then changing them back? How much time would elapse? How many brackets, divisions etc. would be effected?
Keep it simple and manageable, regardless of the final outcome. When the checkered flag waves, it's over.
Don't change the rules because of the noise. The ones that don't have a problem aren't really saying anything, because they have no reason to. I'm adding my 2 cents because someone needed to. I'd wager that if every member of DGG was asked their opinion of the rule setup, most all would agree it's good where it is if the question was asked last week. You need to give it some time now.
the only justification... is that it's outlined in the rules. with that being said, these rules are terrible, especially awarding points based on immediate finishing position at the end of the race rather than the official scoring position.

your argument for what about if gibbs appealed and it was reversed is irrelevant. for years in fantasy sports scoring has changed in things midweek. now with technology and spreadsheets or whatever does the scoring across the board with information plugged in... it's not a lot of work. and oh yeah.. what's right is right and there isn't any gray area or defensible basis for having a guy who was DQ'd not penalized in real life OR a fantasy game.

and i would disagree that most people agree with the way this rule is setup. REGARDLESS, like i said, my biggest hope for how this is managed moving forward is allowing commissioners to edit scores in their league for something like if the default rules remain the same.

Species 8472

It's easy enough to create an excel spread sheet and make any adjustments to your league going forward. Cmnd "C" Cmnd "V" gets it to either
the Commish memo or the regular message board. Don't play any $$$ game without knowing the rules