SCORING FOR DQ'd DRIVERS

AJ Johnson

i appreciate & love this league. but to be completely transparent, it absolutely INFURIATES me that DQ'd drivers are scored based on their finishing position. that's not how it works in real life. & that absolutely SHOULD NOT be the way it works in fantasy NASCAR. i would feel 1000% this way whether this was something that benefitted or cost me.

i hope enough of you feel the same way i do about this & will voice your opinion on the matter so this travesty is addressed & that in future seasons of drivergroupgame that the scoring in your league will reflect a drivers OFFICIAL SCORED POSITION.

AJ Johnson

AT LEAST give commissioners the ability to have their own rules & ability to edit the scoring in a race themselves.

Paterri5

No wonder the number of players is dropping....Total bs. I have enjoyed playing. Not sure about in the future now.

Last edited:

AJ Johnson

No wonder the number of players is dropping....Total bs.

look, i'm incensed about this. i can't even believe this was the way the rule was made to begin with. there's zero justification for it. at all. with that being said, i'm 1000% grateful for drivergroupgame & all that Darren does for us. the site allows us for modifications that yahoo never did. and Darren is & has ALWAYS been very attentive to any questions & concerns i've had. but this policy needs to change moving forward. like i said, if he wants to have default scoring the way it is now... i don't agree with it, but it's his league. but PLEASE allow commissioners to edit scoring so we can handle this the way individual leagues want to.

Paterri5

No wonder the number of players is dropping....Total bs.

i appreciate & love this league. but to be completely transparent, it absolutely INFURIATES me that DQ'd drivers are scored based on their finishing position. that's not how it works in real life. & that absolutely SHOULD NOT be the way it works in fantasy NASCAR. i would feel 1000% this way whether this was something that benefitted or cost me.

i hope enough of you feel the same way i do about this & will voice your opinion on the matter so this travesty is addressed & that in future seasons of drivergroupgame that the scoring in your league will reflect a drivers OFFICIAL SCORED POSITION.
I agree 100 percent!!!! Bizarre rule.

crashthe24

Staff member
WOW. Love the passion of you guys.
it's much less of the passion that changed this rule in the first place.
it was changed to the current rule because of the DQ on Jimmie Johnson a few years ago.
the sheeeet storm that happened when Jimmie got DQ'ed and everyone got crushed in points was what led to the rule change as it stands now.
there was way more of a sheeet storm back then and all the commishes talking about their money league was loud and long and brutal.
so now with this rule we have commishes hating it and are complaining about all the money getting lost by players in leagues.
now i don't own the site and i don't make the rules. i am just a moderator who gets zero dollars for trying to relay info to Darren.
He has a group that he bounces ideas off of with people he trusts.
that's how the rule got changed after the Jimmie DQ.
i know it sucks for some of you, but i doubt this gets changed back to the old rule.

Paterri5

look, i'm incensed about this. i can't even believe this was the way the rule was made to begin with. there's zero justification for it. at all. with that being said, i'm 1000% grateful for drivergroupgame & all that Darren does for us. the site allows us for modifications that yahoo never did. and Darren is & has ALWAYS been very attentive to any questions & concerns i've had. but this policy needs to change moving forward. like i said, if he wants to have default scoring the way it is now... i don't agree with it, but it's his league. but PLEASE allow commissioners to edit scoring so we can handle this the way individual leagues want

AJ Johnson

WOW. Love the passion of you guys.
it's much less of the passion that changed this rule in the first place.
it was changed to the current rule because of the DQ on Jimmie Johnson a few years ago.
the sheeeet storm that happened when Jimmie got DQ'ed and everyone got crushed in points was what led to the rule change as it stands now.
there was way more of a sheeet storm back then and all the commishes talking about their money league was loud and long and brutal.
so now with this rule we have commishes hating it and are complaining about all the money getting lost by players in leagues.
now i don't own the site and i don't make the rules. i am just a moderator who gets zero dollars for trying to relay info to Darren.
He has a group that he bounces ideas off of with people he trusts.
that's how the rule got changed after the Jimmie DQ.
i know it sucks for some of you, but i doubt this gets changed back to the old rule.

i wish i had been part of that conversation years ago whenever it was. there's ZERO ARGUMENT for how the rule currently is. umm... YOU SCORE THE DRIVERS BASED ON THEIR OFFICIAL POSITION. HOW COULD ANYONE ARGUE OTHERWISE? OH YEAH... THINKING ABOUT THEIR WALLET INSTEAD OF WHAT'S RIGHT.

AS I SAID... what's right is right & defensible & what's wrong is wrong & when there's no gray area on this it's not even debatable. i would say this regardless of how it personally affected me.

with that being said, like i said, AT THE VERY LEAST there should be an option for individual leagues to handle scoring like this as they see fit moving forward.

i messaged him about this in the past with chase elliot's DQ last year. and quite frankly, i really REALLY appreciate Darren, but his justification of this was nothing less than lame. some ridiculousness about how draftkings & that other daily fantasy trash garbage site handles it. i couldn't give a rats pebble you know what how other leagues handle it. any legit league should be based on official scoring position. it's not debatable. period. paragraph. end of story.

Last edited:

ChasinBeaver

So, who won the race... Hamlin or Elliott? In the age of everybody gets a trophy (and this league) there is absolutely no accountability. Everyone gets a trophy and collects points for their fantasy team. Let's all pretend when the race finished nothing happened. Of course we as fantasy owners can't control cheating. My question is if so called cheating helps win a race do you award points for so called cheater. NASCAR says no but in this happy go lucky everyone's a winner league we all pretend nothing happened...

I'M OLD SCHOOL IF SOMEONE IS CHEATING YOUR GONE NO POINTS THATS HOW NASCAR SEE IT
AND THAT'S HOW I SEE IT
THAT'S WHY THE USA IS GOING TO SHIT !!
(IT'S OK TO BE CHEATER IN THIS WORLD AS LONG AS YOU CRY 😂🥲LIKE A BABY TO GET YOUR WAY)

JUST BE A MAN AND COWBOY UP

LOOK MOM I CHEATED BUT I GOT A TROPHY TOO (I'M A WINNER)
WHY WORK HARD AT ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS JUST CHEAT AND THEN CRY IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR WAY

MY SON DON’T CHEAT OR STEAL BECAUSE I RISED A MAN NOT A BOY

crashthe24

Staff member
I'M OLD SCHOOL IF SOMEONE IS CHEATING YOUR GONE NO POINTS THATS HOW NASCAR SEE IT
AND THAT'S HOW I SEE IT
THAT'S WHY THE USA IS GOING TO SHIT !!
(IT'S OK TO BE CHEATER IN THIS WORLD AS LONG AS YOU CRY 😂🥲LIKE A BABY TO GET YOUR WAY)

JUST BE A MAN AND COWBOY UP

LOOK MOM I CHEATED BUT I GOT A TROPHY TOO (I'M A WINNER)
WHY WORK HARD AT ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS JUST CHEAT AND THEN CRY IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR WAY

MY SON DON’T CHEAT OR STEAL BECAUSE I RISED A MAN NOT A BOY
thanks for joining the group 15 minutes ago.
i'm not clear which side you're on.
you seem really pissed about cheating and people crying when they don't get their way.
but it seems to me that the DGG game has rules. you don't like them and want points removed which would actually be cheating the rules of the DGG game.
and you're so pissed you seem to be crying about.
i guess that's why the rules will probably be the same because you make the argument perfectly for the way the rules are.

AJ Johnson

thanks for joining the group 15 minutes ago.
i'm not clear which side you're on.
you seem really pissed about cheating and people crying when they don't get their way.
but it seems to me that the DGG game has rules. you don't like them and want points removed which would actually be cheating the rules of the DGG game.
and you're so pissed you seem to be crying about.
i guess that's why the rules will probably be the same because you make the argument perfectly for the way the rules are.

rules shouldn't be changed midseason. but other than that, there's literally no argument for keeping this rule the same. other than someone running a league has the right to run things as they see fit. my endgame with all this is at the very least to make it where commissioners can edit the score of teams in their league starting next season and moving forward, much the same way i can change the number of starts a team can get from a driver & i can modify scoring for a drivers based on their finish, laps led, and stage points, etc.

crashthe24

Staff member
sometime in the future, we may get a post like....
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY WOULD YOU LET COMMISHES CHANGE THE SCORES THIS YEAR.
I'M IN A LEAGUE WITH A COMMISH WHO CHANGES SCORES AND DROPPED ME OUT OF THE MONEY.
JUST THE STUPIDEST IDEA EVER TO LET COMMISHES HAVE THAT POWER.

please tell me what i should say to those people if you have it your way. because i'll get posts like that if we do.

always 2 sides of a story, but i understand the intense feelings for something that's just a game that is supposed to be fun and bring joy to peoples lives. this weekend has brought out the non-fun side of the game.

AJ Johnson

the rules will be there plainly for anyone to see right? besides i'm one step ahead of you. i already informed my league that this BS isn't gonna happen again next year. either commissioners have the ability to adjust scoring or i'll deal with the hassle and adjust scores myself.

to answer your question, the COMMISSIONERS are in charge of their own league. that's kinda the point & should go without saying. but yeah.. since you brought it up, that's why there are pages on the site devoted to explaining these things.

yeah, people will always complain. that's even more reason why you do the right thing. no need to get into a political discussion, but as a passionate Libertarian i'm all with darren or whoever running their site how they see fit. truly. even if i (and everyone else should) find it ridiculous that in the real world the DQ'd teams get punished but that doesn't reflect in fantasy sports, YOU KNOW, based on the positions of the professional participants the fantasy game is based on. i mean man... what a stretch that a score in fantasy sports should be based on the official finishing position!

as far as fun vs not fun. there's nothing fun when umpires suck, miss calls or in COMPETITION when something is to be frank, bogus. especially when money is involved.

AJ Johnson

you know what crash... as a fellow Lightning fan you should ONE HUNDRED PERCENT understand this after we got the wrong end of the shaft on MASSIVE calls that influenced at least 2 games in the stanley cup finals this year.

crashthe24

Staff member
not that it matters, but i was on the bad scoring side of the Jimmie DQ.
bad scoring side of last years deal.
i also had elliot yesterday in all leagues and would love the winners points.
i just try not to get my life ruined over a game.

AJ Johnson

there's a place for both not letting overly bother you & still wanting things to be handled the right & logical way moving forward. they don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Dawg

I agree with the scoring the way it was handled. #! it's outlined in the rules. #2 Although Gibbs isn't going to appeal the DQ's, what if he did and succeeded? Partially or in full. Can you imagine the cluster that would be created by changing the points after race completion, then changing them back? How much time would elapse? How many brackets, divisions etc. would be effected?
Keep it simple and manageable, regardless of the final outcome. When the checkered flag waves, it's over.
Don't change the rules because of the noise. The ones that don't have a problem aren't really saying anything, because they have no reason to. I'm adding my 2 cents because someone needed to. I'd wager that if every member of DGG was asked their opinion of the rule setup, most all would agree it's good where it is if the question was asked last week. You need to give it some time now.