Random thoughts...

crashthe24

Staff member
the most popular driver vote is open at Nascar.com and i'm rooting for Kevin Harvick instead of Elliot this year.

Last edited:

crashthe24

Staff member
was looking at the standings and projecting the A group list for next year.
if you take every driver who had 3 wins this season you get 7 drivers.
blaney /larson / byron / hamlin / buescher / truex / ky. busch
to make 8 drivers, the highest in points after those mixed in is bell with 2 wins and 4th in the chase.
elliot will probably bounce back and be a top 8 driver next season as well as Logano.
we may end up with a B group that has elliot / reddick / keselowski / chastain and logano

who would you drop or add to the groups?

Last edited:

Juneau4

7 A drivers Blaney, Larson, Byron, Hamlin, the remaining 3 can be any of the following (Truex, Buescher, Logano, Elliot, Keselowski, Busch, Chastain, Reddick, Bell). Those 7 not selected for the A group then are B divers along with.
B). Wallace, Brisco. McDowell, Gibbs, Suarez, Jones, Dillon, Bowman, Stenhouse
(C) All the left overs.

8 A drivers are to many--you don't need 72 starts in that group for 36 races (36 starts)
B group minimum of 8 drivers needed and once you get past 7 in that group :eek:( 72 starts)
C group Preece, Cindric, van Gisbergen, Berry, and what ever. (36 starts)

7 A drivers (63 starts)
13 B drivers (117 starts)
? C drivers (36 starts)

Last edited:

crashthe24

Staff member
as always, Happy Veterans Day to all who've served and prayers to all that lost loved ones along the way.
I always hug my loved ones a little tighter after i watch this.

Last edited:

crashthe24

Staff member
so pretty much everyone i know in Vegas hates that the F1 race is there this weekend.
the construction, the detours, and god awful traffic jams have left a sour taste in the mouth of the locals.
with that being said, someone posted this video and this looked kinda cool...

Rusty

Best I can find out is that the Nascar Awards Ceremony will be broadcast delayed on Peacock, Sunday at 7pm. I don't get Peacock so guess I'm out of luck. First year I can remember that I haven't been able to watch or at least record it for later viewing. What a shame that USA couldn't show the Nascar Awards instead of a 18 year old rerun of Law and Order.

Rusty

So the media rights deal has been released for the 2025 season and beyond and for me, it contains positives and negatives. I like that all of the Xfinity races will be on one channel - CW. I don't like that 5 Cup races in the Summer will be streamed on Prime Video exclusively. What I really don't like is that all practice and qualifying will be on Prime Video, TNT Sports and 2 other channels I've never heard of. So much for ever watching practice or qualifying again.

1701437631157.png

Juneau4

There's something wrong-doesn't that make 38 cup races? Are they going to add 2 more races to the schedule? NASCAR is a dyeing sport most of the viewers are in their Golden and Sunset years.

Rusty

There's something wrong-doesn't that make 38 cup races? Are they going to add 2 more races to the schedule? NASCAR is a dyeing sport most of the viewers are in their Golden and Sunset years.
The 38 races includes the Clash and the All-Star races. Still have 36 regular points races.

Wildfire Motor Sports

So the media rights deal has been released for the 2025 season and beyond and for me, it contains positives and negatives. I like that all of the Xfinity races will be on one channel - CW. I don't like that 5 Cup races in the Summer will be streamed on Prime Video exclusively. What I really don't like is that all practice and qualifying will be on Prime Video, TNT Sports and 2 other channels I've never heard of. So much for ever watching practice or qualifying again.

View attachment 527
Are you advising us that if we are forced to connect with Amazon Prime if we are going to gather the data associated with practices and qualifying results for the entire year of 36 races? If so please advise how I accomplish that. Thanks

Rusty

Are you advising us that if we are forced to connect with Amazon Prime if we are going to gather the data associated with practices and qualifying results for the entire year of 36 races? If so please advise how I accomplish that. Thanks
From Nascar's website:

What about practice and qualifying?
Prime Video and TNT Sports have the exclusive rights to practice and qualifying sessions for the entire Cup Series schedule through 2031. Prime Video will stream practice and qualifying live from the start of the season through Prime Video‘s final race of the midseason series — except for The Busch Light Clash, Daytona 500 and NASCAR All-Star Race, whose practice and qualifying will remain with FOX Sports. Practice and qualifying for the remainder of the season will stream on Max and air on truTV.

Juneau4

NASCAR's wealthiest drivers of all time​

1. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Net worth: $300 million

2. Jeff Gordon
Net worth: $210 million

3. Jimmie Johnson
Net worth: $170 million

4. Tony Stewart
Net worth: $90 million

5. Kyle Busch
Net worth: $80 million

6. Danica Patrick
Net worth: $80 million

7. Mark Martin
Net worth - $75 million

8. Kurt Busch
Net worth: $70 million

9. Kevin Harvick

10. Dale Earnhardt Sr.

11. Richard Petty
Net worth: $65 million

Last edited:

Juneau4

Only two cars are lacking official driver announcements for the 2024 NASCAR Cup Series season​

Recently, it was confirmed that Noah Gragson will move to Stewart-Haas Racing. That took one of the last open seats in the NASCAR Cup Series.

View the 2024 NASCAR driver lineup below.

Now, 34 of the 36 charter seats have been filled for 2024. Rick Ware Racing and Kaulig Racing hold the only two unannounced seats for the upcoming season.

Justin Haley formerly raced for Kaulig Racing. He made the decision to sign with Rick Ware Racing, filling one of their chartered cars. It will be the first full-time driver for RWR seat Cody Ware was suspended last season. RWR still has another charter car that a driver has not been announced for.

AJ Allmendinger recently announced he’ll move from the Cup Series to the Xfinity Series. That’s left the No. 16 car open and a driver remains unsigned for the ride.

Note: Changes in BOLD

2024 NASCAR Cup Series Driver​

Trackhouse Racing

Ross Chastain

Team Penske

Austin Cindric

Richard Childress Racing

Austin Dillon

Stewart-Haas Racing

Josh Berry

Hendrick Motorsports

Kyle Larson