Pocono race thread

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
I don't know about you guys (Tombo notwithstanding) but I didn't give Kyle Busch any kind of chance at winning with the transmission locked in 4th gear and no clutch. Maybe he was able to save fuel starting the car in 4th and never shifting?
Not sure how he did it either.. I'm a long way from a KB18 fan but, sometimes you have to give the dude credit, even though I hate doing that...LOL

Rusty

Those teams pitted because there was a caution. They new they were short.
Correct, and the 18 car couldn't pit because the clutch was gone. If they had stopped for fuel they wouldn't have been able to get going again and their race would have been over. I was listening to the 18 on Scanner and they had no choice but to stay out, manage their fuel usage the best they could and hope for the best.

Tombo

That's the problem with Tombo's "Wwenascar" scenario, everybody has to be in on it, including the sponsors. And Tombo is the only fan that knows about it.
As soon as kryle made his last stop they said "if no cautions kyle will win this" like they were reading straight from the script..

Tombo

That's the problem with Tombo's "Wwenascar" scenario, everybody has to be in on it, including the sponsors. And Tombo is the only fan that knows about it.
If the professional sports team ,the white Sox of MLB did it over 100 years ago, getting paid peanuts, makes me very confident these guys getting paid millions will finish where ever needed to "put on a show".
if nascar needed a caution there would have been one.