Pocono race thread...

cousinsrm

Ok so with the 11 & 18 getting DQ'd and Chase being named the winner... I'm guessing that doesn't matter like in years past?! Their points shouldn't count either 🤷🏻‍♂️

cousinsrm

Ok so with the 11 & 18 getting DQ'd and Chase being named the winner... I'm guessing that doesn't matter like in years past?! Their points shouldn't count either 🤷🏻‍♂️
We as commissioners should have the ability to adjust this vs an all or nothing. Have several league members hollering at me to change this scoring but I can't. Big $$$ on the line. Sorry for the rant. Cheers.

Paterri5

We as commissioners should have the ability to adjust this vs an all or nothing. Have several league members hollering at me to change this scoring but I can't. Big $$$ on the line. Sorry for the rant. Cheers.
Our scores need changed!!! Ridiculous not to.

crashthe24

Staff member
Once again, lets look at the rules that no one ever reads...

Scoring (Finish position)​

• Winner = 100 points
  • 2nd = 90 points
  • 3rd = 88 points (-2 points for every finish thereafter)
If a race is officially canceled, no fantasy team will receive any points for that race. All other scoring rules stay the same. If qualifying or a race is delayed or postponed, no points will be awarded until it is completed. If qualifying is canceled and the starting grid is determined by other means, no qualifying bonus points will be awarded.

Finish Position is the driver's standing order at the end of the race. If a driver is disqualified as a result of post-race inspection, it will not change the driver's Stage Positions, Finishing Position or Laps Led.

Paterri5

Once again, lets look at the rules that no one ever reads...

Scoring (Finish position)​

• Winner = 100 points
  • 2nd = 90 points
  • 3rd = 88 points (-2 points for every finish thereafter)
If a race is officially canceled, no fantasy team will receive any points for that race. All other scoring rules stay the same. If qualifying or a race is delayed or postponed, no points will be awarded until it is completed. If qualifying is canceled and the starting grid is determined by other means, no qualifying bonus points will be awarded.

Finish Position is the driver's standing order at the end of the race. If a driver is disqualified as a result of post-race inspection, it will not change the driver's Stage Positions, Finishing Position or Laps Led.
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG....Ridiculous

crashthe24

Staff member
WOW. Love the passion of you guys.
it's much less of the passion that changed this rule in the first place.
it was changed to the current rule because of the DQ on Jimmie Johnson a few years ago.
the sheeeet storm that happened when Jimmie got DQ'ed and everyone got crushed in points was what led to the rule change as it stands now.
there was way more of a sheeet storm back then and all the commishes talking about their money league was loud and long and brutal.
so now with this rule we have commishes hating it and are complaining about all the money getting lost by players in leagues.
now i don't own the site and i don't make the rules. i am just a moderator who gets zero dollars for trying to relay info to Darren.
He has a group that he bounces ideas off of with people he trusts.
that's how the rule got changed after the Jimmie DQ.
i know it sucks for some of you, but i doubt this gets changed back to the old rule.

Paterri5

it was changed to the current rule because of the DQ on Jimmie Johnson a few years ago.
the sheeeet storm that happened when Jimmie got DQ'ed and everyone got crushed in points was what led to the rule change as it stands now.
there was way more of a sheeet storm back then and all the commishes talking about their money league was loud and long and brutal.
so now with this rule we have commishes hating it and are complaining about all the money getting lost by players in leagues.
now i don't own the site and i don't make the rules. i am just a moderator who gets zero dollars for trying to relay info to Darren.
i know it sucks for some of you, but i doubt this gets changed back to the old rule.
Still wrong.....

cousinsrm

Crash, I hear you.... But when Jimmie got DQ'd the points didn't get changed and we (I) was leading that sheet storm as you called it. You cheat and get caught.... You lose your finish. We the ones taking these said cheaters should also lose. Not hard to disagree on that. Yes it's clearly in the rules that nobody rules but it's common sense. We the commissioner should have the ability to change it based on league vote like every other fantasy sport.

crashthe24

Staff member
here is the winner of my draftkings league... Kyle Buch scored as second and gets those points.
Biggest fantasy racing game out there. it is what it is. As a draftkings commish, i can't do diddly pooh about changing the scoring.

Headshot of K. Busch

K. Busch
$10,600
36.7%160/1602263 Laps Led, 32 Fastest Laps, 1 2nd72.15
Headshot of C. Bell

C. Bell
$8,900
26.7%160/1601165 Place Diff, 14 Laps Led, 1 Fastest Laps, 1 6th46.95
Headshot of D. Suárez

D. Suárez
$7,900
36.7%160/160954 Place Diff, 10 Fastest Laps, 1 5th47.50
Headshot of E. Jones

E. Jones
$7,600
40.0%160/160341123 Place Diff, 11 Laps Led, 1 Fastest Laps, 1 11th58.20
Headshot of B. Wallace

B. Wallace
$7,500
10.0%160/160710-3 Place Diff, 4 Laps Led, 1 Fastest Laps, 1 10th32.45
Headshot of B. Keselowski

B. Keselowski
$7,300
23.3%160/160261610 Place Diff, 1 Fastest Laps, 1 16th37.45

FANTASY POINTS

Bones1738

here is the winner of my draftkings league... Kyle Buch scored as second and gets those points.
Biggest fantasy racing game out there. it is what it is. As a draftkings commish, i can't do diddly pooh about changing the scoring.

Headshot of K. Busch

K. Busch
$10,600
36.7%160/1602263 Laps Led, 32 Fastest Laps, 1 2nd72.15
Headshot of C. Bell

C. Bell
$8,900
26.7%160/1601165 Place Diff, 14 Laps Led, 1 Fastest Laps, 1 6th46.95
Headshot of D. Suárez

D. Suárez
$7,900
36.7%160/160954 Place Diff, 10 Fastest Laps, 1 5th47.50
Headshot of E. Jones

E. Jones
$7,600
40.0%160/160341123 Place Diff, 11 Laps Led, 1 Fastest Laps, 1 11th58.20
Headshot of B. Wallace

B. Wallace
$7,500
10.0%160/160710-3 Place Diff, 4 Laps Led, 1 Fastest Laps, 1 10th32.45
Headshot of B. Keselowski

B. Keselowski
$7,300
23.3%160/160261610 Place Diff, 1 Fastest Laps, 1 16th37.45

FANTASY POINTS
Crash FanDuel used to do that too, but yesterday was the first time I saw them change it

Dawg

You can't change the rules of ANY game after it's started! I got whacked with the JJ deal just like many others, it is what it is. Besides, there is the ability for JGR to appeal. So just for kicks, let's say they appeal and win. If DGG changed the results today, we'd have the cluster of going back and unchanging everything? NOT!!
Folks just need to take a breath and deal with it like adults. Rules are rules. Just because you didn't know that you were in a school zone doesn't mean the judge just says "well hell, case dismissed!".

Ank Racing

I’ve been on both sides of this issue. Johnson’s DQ hurt me as well. Sometimes a DQ hurts your lineups and sometimes helps.There is no “right “ answer to this . Constancy is the best we can hope for. I have different lineups— some benefit and some take a hit! ——moving on to Indy RC!

Last edited: