Phoenix race thread

dandr

Too much cleanup on the track to do a friction test before sundown last night. They will check the friction of the traction compound this morning and then make a final decision but sounds like NASCAR doesn’t plan to put more traction compound down.
JMO - Bell

Wildfire Motor Sports

Does it matter at all that the #5 and the #24 are starting from the rear?
They've already combined to win the last 2 races,both have solid records in the desert.
It's a long race and they can if they wish take their sweet old time and slowly,methodically work their way to the front.
Well yes it matters. Driving thru the less talented group of drivers can always cause concern. But 5 wide racing on this track is the norm. I am dropping #24 from my line up. JMO

Ank Racing

Arlene come back to Austin and bring a shovel. I had 1 one but my beloved pit bull Baby(RIP girl) got a hold of it and buried it like a bone somewhere in the yard. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I’d luv to come back to Austin. I’d even bring a shovel! Trying to figure a way to go to COTA. I’d also love to visit my college roommate . (Jourdanton Tx)

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member

Bob Pockrass@bobpockrass

Sounds like NASCAR is getting ready to run some mats over the traction compound area (will pull up excess buildup but should leave the stickiness) ... no plan to add additional traction compound before the race today.

dandr

Jayski.com @jayski·4m

Chase Elliott also going to the rear for today's race.
Due to inspection issues, including Byron and Larson, that's three @TeamHendrick cars to the rear.

Add Houff to the rear today. Unapproved adjustments

Last edited:

Sleestak

I'm going with 2 - 18 - 21 - 42

Chastain is a bit of a stretch ... nobody in C excited me. Admittedly, I'm doing a little gambling on this one. I had Bubba penciled in at the start of the week.