Phoenix race thread...

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member

Bob Pockrass

@bobpockrass

All Cup cars through tech on the first or second time. No issues as far as prequalifying/prerace tech. The Hendrick issue with the louvers yesterday was something NASCAR checked all cars in the garage for — went from car to car feeling the edges of the louvers.

Sleestak

probably because the C list sucks this year and stenhouse and dinger can stay on the lead lap where almost all of the other C drivers won't.
i'm going dinger and preece. preece is in custers car from last year and custer did a decent job at phoenix and new hampshire.
C includes Xfinity champ Gibbs in Gibbs equipment, Xfinity runner up Gragson, Almendinger, Stenhouse, Burton in Penske satellite car, and Preece in Stewart-Haus car. What more could we ask for?

crashthe24

Staff member
C includes Xfinity champ Gibbs in Gibbs equipment, Xfinity runner up Gragson, Almendinger, Stenhouse, Burton in Penske satellite car, and Preece in Stewart-Haus car. What more could we ask for?
so basically my point was these guys have a hard time staying on the lead lap.
if you take last years lead lap finishes of your 6 drivers you'd have 125 races and 64 lead lap finishes for 51.2 percent.
if that makes you jump for joy, then good.
it makes me scream "get the freeking lucky dog you loser" at the television on bunches of races each season.
oh by the way, that's why i started the trophy dash leagues where it's 4 races with 2 starts each / 4 A drivers / 7 B drivers / everyone else is in C.
that way you have mostly good guys every week in all your groups. new trophy dash starts in race 5 soon. i'll post the league by monday.

Last edited:

Sleestak

so basically my point was these guys have a hard time staying on the lead lap.
if you take last years lead lap finishes of your 6 drivers you'd have 125 races and 64 lead lap finishes for 51.2 percent.
if that makes you jump for joy, then good.
it makes me scream "get the freeking lucky dog you loser" at the television on bunches of races each season.
oh by the way, that's why i started the trophy dash leagues where it's 4 races with 2 starts each / 4 A drivers / 7 B drivers / everyone else is in C.
that way you have mostly good guys every week in all your groups. new trophy dash starts in race 5 soon. i'll post the league by monday.
I like the challenge ... I cut back to playing 1 league besides the DDG this year. The commish has retained the 8 starts per driver limit from the Yahoo days which makes us dig deeper into the groups ... mainly B and C. A is a no brainer to get through the season).

crashthe24

Staff member
uncle bob with an active twitter feed today...
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass
@bobpockrass

NASCAR did a friction test after the Xfinity race last night and determined it won't apply any additional resin to the track today for the Cup race. It will clean the track but no additional resin.
----------------------------
NASCAR has told teams they can’t run with the windshield wipers today. They will take them off this morning. Drivers apparently asked for that at their meeting Friday.
----------------------------------------
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass
@bobpockrass

My pick today: Hamlin ... top-5: Hamlin Chastain Logano Larson Byron .... longshot: McDowell
Today (ET) 2-FS1-NASCAR RaceDay 3-FOX-NASCAR RaceDay 3:47-FOX-Cup green,
stages 60-125-127, 9 sets, fuel 92-98 NWS: 70s, 0% rain