3:30 p.m. ETUnited Rentals Work United 500
FOX

MRN

SiriusXM

crashthe24

Staff member
Radioactive Phoenix.
2022 spring winner was Chase Briscoe

in the fall it was Logano to win the Championship...

Ank Racing

If I am reading the schedule correctly— we get to see a practice( Fox Sports 2) on Friday before qualifying on Saturday???

Ank Racing

First time with the new Road course/short track car package.
I understand— I’m just surprised they didn’t try to cram it all into Sat. At least , this will give the teams a chance to work on their cars and fix any issues! — I am assuming that it will be allowed!
Also happy that we get to see practice. —- wish they wouldn’t divide the groups!

crashthe24

Staff member
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass
@bobpockrass

Updated tentative weekend schedule grid.
COTA now has a Cup practice Friday of its race weekend to allow drivers to get time on new package.
And Chicago street course has set a Saturday-Sunday on-track schedule.
Teams get 50 min practice then right into group qualifying.

Wildfire Motor Sports

I don't see anything from the practice lap times and lap averages that would cause 3 of the 5 Experts to pick Dinger? Please tell me what I'm missing, thanks.

crashthe24

Staff member
I don't see anything from the practice lap times and lap averages that would cause 3 of the 5 Experts to pick Dinger? Please tell me what I'm missing, thanks.
probably because the C list sucks this year and stenhouse and dinger can stay on the lead lap where almost all of the other C drivers won't.
i'm going dinger and preece. preece is in custers car from last year and custer did a decent job at phoenix and new hampshire.

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
probably because the C list sucks this year and stenhouse and dinger can stay on the lead lap where almost all of the other C drivers won't.
i'm going dinger and preece. preece is in custers car from last year and custer did a decent job at phoenix and new hampshire.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y).. Totally agree, C list will be tough this season unless some miracle happens.....

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
Wonder if this will have any effect on the HMS cars for Q or the race... :unsure:
Seems Nascar would have said something to the teams before practice....

Bob Pockrass
@bobpockrass

NASCAR took the louvers from the four Hendrick cars for further evaluation. They were allowed to replace the louvers. Any penalties would be announced next week.
Bob Pockrass
@bobpockrass

Correction: NASCAR saw something in the Hendrick louvers that could be a possible issue before practice (officials are always looking in the cars in the garages) but they didn't take them from Hendrick until AFTER practice.