Michigan race thread

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member

Goodyear Racing@GoodyearRacing

NASCAR Cup teams are running a different RS tire than they ran at @MISpeedway last season. This RS was introduced on similar, smooth tracks late in the 2020 season - Kansas, Las Vegas & Texas. The tread compound on this RS will introduce more wear (run cooler) and have more grip.

Sleestak

Off topic of Michigan. Currently Reddick is 28 points ahead of Dillon for the bubble spot. Possible scenario at Daytona next week ... Dillon is being pushed by Reddick on and off throughout the race ... why not??? He's "helping" his teammate and if one gets caught up in the big one they both probably do and Reddick has a comfortable points lead. But wait, there's 3 to go and Dillon is leading the outside lane. If he wins, he's in while knocking Reddick out.

When/how does Reddick bail on his teammate so as to not help him have a chance to win??? Hmmmmmm

But first things first ... Reddick attempting to survive Michigan while Dillon is looking to squeeze some points. I see an opportunity for the 3 car to take risks by splitting the first 2 segments to out stage point Reddick. The risk is getting caught a lap down and having to take the wave end up at the back of the lead lap. I would take that chance. Looked like tires mattered in the Xfinity race yesterday.

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
Off topic of Michigan. Currently Reddick is 28 points ahead of Dillon for the bubble spot. Possible scenario at Daytona next week ... Dillon is being pushed by Reddick on and off throughout the race ... why not??? He's "helping" his teammate and if one gets caught up in the big one they both probably do and Reddick has a comfortable points lead. But wait, there's 3 to go and Dillon is leading the outside lane. If he wins, he's in while knocking Reddick out.

When/how does Reddick bail on his teammate so as to not help him have a chance to win??? Hmmmmmm

But first things first ... Reddick attempting to survive Michigan while Dillon is looking to squeeze some points. I see an opportunity for the 3 car to take risks by splitting the first 2 segments to out stage point Reddick. The risk is getting caught a lap down and having to take the wave end up at the back of the lead lap. I would take that chance. Looked like tires mattered in the Xfinity race yesterday.
Should be good to watch and I don't see either one backing down........(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Sleestak

Amazing that Reddick ended up letting Dillon have a chance on points ... going into a Superspeedway.