Martinsville race thread...

Juneau4

Hamlin hasn’t been consistent enough, same thing with Blaney. I don’t trust either and this might be the 9 best track. With way HMS running? I wouldn’t be shocked if he won outright

I don’t love Almirola but he finished 13th at Richmond and always ran decent here. If there ever a time I used him outside of Daytona/Dega then it be a place like Martinsville. If he qualifies well then I probably take a shot with him. If he doesn’t I got another options to roll with

I haven’t used a Gibbs start yet in one of my leagues, and probably try to save them all for later in the season. Plus Martinsville not exactly a track you wanna use your stud at in C
:):):):) The mind is starting: :):censored:

Motorhead55

Thinking

Logano/Hamlin/Bell/Blaney all interesting options in A but gonna keep running that HMS train. Honestly idk if you can go wrong, long as your guy finish on lead lap. Ideally top 5 but you get the point.

B is about start save for me. My philosophy always been..if you have two start saves options then you better have two guys you can depend on as backup options. 6 and 34 are my ideal starters. 48 been real consistent this season so I put him on the roster. 19 or 8 is the debate, I am leaning 19 bc I have used him only once in most of my leagues. 4 probably more reliable but used him twice so I lay off him less than a 1/3 into the season

47 been awesome this season so I keep running him. Dinger is great here at Martinsville.

Juneau4

Now your B group has some changes--What should be done?

8,4, 10, 6 or 48--original choices Now 19, 48, 6, 34--10, 4 and 8 are gone. 19 (y)

C group - Short track and Gibbs dominate--Stenhouse -Talla, Daytonna, Atlanta
Dinger--Road courses.

Good Luck--Just messin with you., and having some fun.:)

Motorhead55

Now your B group has some changes--What should be done?

8,4, 10, 6 or 48--original choices Now 19, 48, 6, 34--10, 4 and 8 are gone. 19 (y)

C group - Short track and Gibbs dominate--Stenhouse -Talla, Daytonna, Atlanta
Dinger--Road courses.

Good Luck--Just messin with you., and having some fun.:)

I actually forgot for a sec that 19 was in B 🤣🤣 34 just a real nice sleeper this weekend.

Agreed on JGR strength on short tracks but the paper clip is very unique track. Young drivers struggle here. Definitely wouldn’t be shocked if Gibbs has one of his worst races of the season.

Let’s have fun this weekend

Juneau4

Now some are thinking--should I or should in I.:unsure: Myself I've been throwing darts with the left hand and haven't hit the board yet, but I've got 7 hrs. before 8 picks have to be in. Hope I hit the board.

Motorhead55

Almirola—— If I take him — he blows it!
If I don’t take him he will finish top 10 or close!
This kinda reminds me of this crazy idea I had during the 2013 season. Believe it was the summer Pocono race. Jimmie Johnson was on the Pole. Everyone and their mother had him rostered (think like 70%). And I am just having the shittest season. Almost week, I was having someone having a shit season. I was probably 50th percentile. I needed something to go right. So I put Kasey Kahne (who was in A that yr) on my roster. Johnson started from the pole and was just dominant. While I started Kahne whom was running 20th. Johnson get trapped a lap down after having to pit after a green flag stop, while Kahne stays out longer and get the lead. Caution comes out and he dominate rest of the race. Kahne end up winning the race. Absolutely jumped started my season. I go on this absurd tear rest of the season. I chop off 300 points in my main league

I guess point of that story is..never afraid to to step outside the box. Of course, I probably have a hundred other instances where I do something like that I am 10 beers deep bc I can't believe I did something so stupid 😂😂😂

DownFarce

Hamlin hasn’t been consistent enough, same thing with Blaney. I don’t trust either and this might be the 9 best track. With way HMS running? I wouldn’t be shocked if he won outright

I don’t love Almirola but he finished 13th at Richmond and always ran decent here. If there ever a time I used him outside of Daytona/Dega then it be a place like Martinsville. If he qualifies well then I probably take a shot with him. If he doesn’t I got another options to roll with

I haven’t used a Gibbs start yet in one of my leagues, and probably try to save them all for later in the season. Plus Martinsville not exactly a track you wanna use your stud at in C
Hamlin will be good for a least one speeding penalty:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

crashthe24

Staff member
well poop. never thought about this since we haven't had many races with practice, but 7 of my 8 drivers ended up in B practice group.
some of them will have no shot at being top 10 in qualifying because only the top 5 qualifying speeds from B group get a shot at the top 10.

if you don't have FS2 on cable (i don't anymore) listen at MRN.com motor racing network

UPDATE>> not too shabby. my lineup with Q position... Byron 8th / Almirola 3rd / Wallace 9th / Preece 1st

Last edited:

crashthe24

Staff member
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass
@bobpockrass

Bob's pick for Martinsville today: Kevin Harvick ... top-5: Harvick Busch Bowman Byron Hamlin ... longshot: Buescher
Today-FS1 (ET) 2-NASCAR RaceDay
3:01-Cup green
stages 80-100-220,
tires 8 sets, fuel 175-190 laps
weather NWS: 70s, 30% chance rain, 50% after 5p, 70% after 8p.

Motorhead55

Likely going

24-48-34-16

24 looks really good on data and car to beat. Shall see

Not crazy about my b options but 48 been mostly consistent so I take a shot with him. 34 looks decent and been a good bet to finish on lead lap this season. Was hoping the 6 would have qualified better

16 probably the best C-lister, besides Preece. I think the 16 finishes better though

Motorhead55

Likely going

24-48-34-16

24 looks really good on data and car to beat. Shall see

Not crazy about my b options but 48 been mostly consistent so I take a shot with him. 34 looks decent and been a good bet to finish on lead lap this season. Was hoping the 6 would have qualified better

16 probably the best C-lister, besides Preece. I think the 16 finishes better though
Wish I kept Almirola on my roster. I probably rolled with him and see what I could had gotten outta him tbh. But I think the HMS cars will be fine. Just hoping 48 has more speed than yesterday. However hard to judge with such limited track time