Lucky Dog Setting?

SmokeJohnson

When is the Lucky Dog option going to be completed? I understand the whole "Development Roadmap" deal and what's still in the works and what's completed but it's time to wrap it up. We have used this rule option in our League from the start and we are now going into the 3rd race of the season and still not working. It's not the best thing to ask everyone that uses a previously free website to run their leagues for a $5 donation by week 4 when the past settings are not even available and functioning after the season has started heading into week 3.

Uncle Fast Car

When is the Lucky Dog option going to be completed? I understand the whole "Development Roadmap" deal and what's still in the works and what's completed but it's time to wrap it up. We have used this rule option in our League from the start and we are now going into the 3rd race of the season and still not working. It's not the best thing to ask everyone that uses a previously free website to run their leagues for a $5 donation by week 4 when the past settings are not even available and functioning after the season has started heading into week 3.
I’d like an answer too.

crashthe24

Staff member
ok. once again, i did the following and timed it. just under 5 minutes total for the solution.
it's gonna take me longer to post this and explain it.
from your DGG league home page>>
click standings on the top toolbar then "race by race"
then find "spring" under the race by race season standings navigation>>
clcik on spring and then from the dropdown find whatever race is the last one "race 3 as of right now">>
click race 3 and then it lists the league standings after race 3.
take the top 5 players in the standings (and also all of the race winners) , on the far right of each name is a little tag under "entries"
click that and it has the race scores of the player. write down all 3 scores and take the best 2 of 3.
you can do that in a spreadsheet, but with only 3 races so far, you can just use pen and paper in under 5 minutes.
your top player under a lucky dog situation should be from the top 5 ( and race winners) about 90 percent of the time.
figure out who the top person is and also post the top 5. (in my league it was the person in 2nd place after 3 weeks.)
then, beg your players to double check their own scores and post a score higher than the top guy in case you missed something.
if by some weird chance the 8th guy in the standings has a better lucky dog score, i'm sure they'll post it so you'll know.
boom, took you five minutes at the most and you kindly remind people it's a long season and you may only update the lucky dog every other race or so. that way you've spent a whopping 10 minute in a month.
honestly, most people won't care week to week but maybe the last 3 weeks of a segment, they'll pay closer attention.
got it? hope that explains it.
like i said, i sorted my league faster than i wrote this explanation out.

Last edited:

ncskywarn

ok. once again, i did the following and timed it. just under 5 minutes total for the solution.
it's gonna take me longer to post this and explain it.
from your DGG league home page>>
click standings on the top toolbar then "race by race"
then find "spring" under the race by race season standings navigation>>
clcik on spring and then from the dropdown find whatever race is the last one "race 3 as of right now">>
click race 3 and then it lists the league standings after race 3.
take the top 5 players in the standings (and also all of the race winners) , on the far right of each name is a little tag under "entries"
click that and it has the race scores of the player. write down all 3 scores and take the best 2 of 3.
you can do that in a spreadsheet, but with only 3 races so far, you can just use pen and paper in under 5 minutes.
your top player under a lucky dog situation should be from the top 5 ( and race winners) about 90 percent of the time.
figure out who the top person is and also post the top 5. (in my league it was the person in 2nd place after 3 weeks.)
then, beg your players to double check their own scores and post a score higher than the top guy in case you missed something.
if by some weird chance the 8th guy in the standings has a better lucky dog score, i'm sure they'll post it so you'll know.
boom, took you five minutes at the most and you kindly remind people it's a long season and you may only update the lucky dog every other race or so. that way you've spent a whopping 10 minute in a month.
honestly, most people won't care week to week but maybe the last 3 weeks of a segment, they'll pay closer attention.
got it? hope that explains it.
like i said, i sorted my league faster than i wrote this explanation out.
I understand what your saying. But unless I am missing something that is really not a true solution. Your leaving it up to to the individual league commissioners/players to do the math manually and keep track of that themselves. But doing it that way still won't update the scores on the website. Nor will it show the true accurate league standings for those leagues that want to use the lucky dog option.

crashthe24

Staff member
under post #6 of the problems thread it says...
like the case of the "lucky dog" -- in the development roadmap it says under not started yet...,
Decide if it will be an available option this year and set in Roadmap if it is.
so i'm thinking he's still deciding if he's even going to have it as an option this year, while you guys are asking "when is going to be in my league."
Darren hardly ever reads the forums. that's why he has moderators who get paid zero dollars to look at problems and see who is blowing off steam.
then we have to be mind readers on some things and some we just figure some people don't read thru the info. already there.

you guys keep spreading these problems out over multiple threads, bitch about them over multiple threads which makes it hard for me to correct you with an actual answer.
you may not ever get the lucky dog as an option, but i try and give you a solution, but the complaining just keeps on coming.
occasionally someone might say" i'm still gonna bitch, but hey thanks crash for giving us a simple option that takes very little time or effort at all to fix this, but hey im gonna bitch anyway."

under post #6 of the problems thread it says...
like the case of the "lucky dog" -- in the development roadmap it says under not started yet...,
Decide if it will be an available option this year and set in Roadmap if it is.
so i'm thinking he's still deciding if he's even going to have it as an option this year, while you guys are asking "when is going to be in my league."
Darren hardly ever reads the forums. that's why he has moderators who get paid zero dollars to look at problems and see who is blowing off steam.
then we have to be mind readers on some things and some we just figure some people don't read thru the info. already there.

you guys keep spreading these problems out over multiple threads, bitch about them over multiple threads which makes it hard for me to correct you with an actual answer.
you may not ever get the lucky dog as an option, but i try and give you a solution, but the complaining just keeps on coming.
occasionally someone might say" i'm still gonna bitch, but hey thanks crash for giving us a simple option that takes very little time or effort at all to fix this, but hey im gonna bitch anyway."
Darren told me yesterday that Lucky Dog is next on his project list having finished the Commissioner Edit functionality :)

crashthe24

Staff member
This was in Darren's email to the players this week.

Hi Fantasy NASCAR player!

Lucky Dog Scoring
If you've been waiting on Lucky Dog scoring - wait no longer! To use Lucky Dog scoring - a commissioner will have to set it in the League Rules section. Details are on the Commissioner FAQs under the heading ‘Customize: Use ‘LUCKY DOG’ Scoring.

Once we get the leagues set that want to use it - I will rescore those leagues under the Lucky Dog scoring.

I have a new table under the Segment Standings table. Its a Points Summary showing each race. If your league is a Lucky Dog league - it will show the lowest score crossed out.

Until I rescore your league with the Lucky Dog option in place - The score totals on the Segment Standings Table and the Points Summary Table will not match.

Lucky Dog Scoring
drops each player's lowest race score in totaling their Segment and Season scores.​