Indy road course thread

ControlCar

I know I know ………
Before everyone comes at me with pitch forks and torches…….

that was one of the more exciting races this season. Loved It. Edge of my seat while watching.

despite the obvious lack of ‘engineering success’ with turn 6 metal curb/Teflon turtle. Thought rings true just like COTA.
Where I couldn’t even leave the couch Bc so much happening lap to lap.

All affected/crashed drivers Ok
That is number 1 priority.
Could Nascar improve these obvious mistakes with course design?
Definitely.

dandr

E83K4FJXoAI4uHB

ControlCar

Did anyone see/notice the moisture and dirt Under the removed steel curb on turn 6?

I think that definitely had something to to do with the failure of that curb.

anyone have more insight?

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member

Bob Pockrass@bobpockrass

Allmendinger's win does clinch playoff spots for Hamlin, McDowell and Almirola ... so the 13 winners and Hamlin are in ... there are two spots left to be decided with two races remaining...

WireToWire

Did Wallace have to serve a penalty for "shorting the course" like Briscoe?
Jeff Burton said he would, but, I never saw it. Besides lack of putting your programming
where we can see it, NBC producers really suck at having the announcers follow up on
those sorts of things.
Never even heard Dinger had a speeding penalty until after the race.
What the heck?
Feel bad for Byron and Bell, both having great days, but, WAIT, let's remove that piece
of junk turtle AFTER they destroy their cars and ruin their days. And, of course, I had 'em
both. What's the odds?
Happy to see the Dinger win again. Missed seeing his cute Wife, which ever # he's on :).

Wildfire Motor Sports

I know I know ………
Before everyone comes at me with pitch forks and torches…….

that was one of the more exciting races this season. Loved It. Edge of my seat while watching.

despite the obvious lack of ‘engineering success’ with turn 6 metal curb/Teflon turtle. Thought rings true just like COTA.
Where I couldn’t even leave the couch Bc so much happening lap to lap.

All affected/crashed drivers Ok
That is number 1 priority.
Could Nascar improve these obvious mistakes with course design?
Definitely.
That was not a race. You my friend need to see a doctor.

WireToWire

Again, what about Bubba Wallace? He took a hard right through the grass to avoid the one ski jump ramp that was left and Jeff Burton immediately said he'd have to serve a penalty. Yet he ran around in 13th the rest of the race and finished there. Nothing against Wallace, just let's apply the rules evenly.
Seems similar to when they waited to call the one race for too much rain AFTER Kurt Busch slid off the track. So, he takes the hickey and everyone else parks and goes home.
Makes me wonder what kind of contract these car owners have to sign with Nascar. I'm assuming they sign away their rights to sue for stupid Nascar errors that costs them a 1/4 million dollar car or 2. Anybody have any insight?

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
Again, what about Bubba Wallace? He took a hard right through the grass to avoid the one ski jump ramp that was left and Jeff Burton immediately said he'd have to serve a penalty. Yet he ran around in 13th the rest of the race and finished there. Nothing against Wallace, just let's apply the rules evenly.
Seems similar to when they waited to call the one race for too much rain AFTER Kurt Busch slid off the track. So, he takes the hickey and everyone else parks and goes home.
Makes me wonder what kind of contract these car owners have to sign with Nascar. I'm assuming they sign away their rights to sue for stupid Nascar errors that costs them a 1/4 million dollar car or 2. Anybody have any insight?
Here's the penalty report from the race, has Bubba listed on it (lap 89)......

https://www.racing-reference.info/penalties/2021-24/W/

dandr

23XI Racing@23XIRacing · Aug 15

As it stands right now, the 23 has been assessed a penalty for shorting the course, Wheels says on the radio it is being reviewed, and we will see how this goes.

Last edited: