homestead race thread...

crashthe24

Staff member
Just wondering, what do you folks use as your primary criteria for selection of your four starters every week? Thanks for the feedback.
i look at it as "who can win today"
the difference between a winner who obviously leads a lap and a 3rd place finisher who doesn't lead a lap is 105 pts. to 88 under DGG rules.
that's a 17 point swing for only 2 track positions.
my top 4 things before roster lock is...
1) i use loop data for 3 best drivers from the fastest lap column for the prior races at that track.
2) top 3 drivers for laps led at the track in prior races
3) loop data for "running in the top 15 each lap for the races prior" 3 best drivers
some dirvers may show a top 10 finish but got lucky due to gas mileage and ran 23rd most of the day.
4) DGG points at that track.
some B and C drivers rack up 7-10 stage points over and over but may have similar finish points than those that don't get stage points.
i usually don't change my top guys after practice and qualifying unless somebody is just junk off the truck and practice /qualifying stink.
in the old days, i used to take my top guy that was starting 12th and bench him for the guy starting 7th.
over the years my qualifying thoughts aren't worth the switch because you end up yelling at the TV all race.
now i stick with my top guys almost always unless they qualify 25th or worse.

Last edited:

Ank Racing

Just wondering, what do you folks use as your primary criteria for selection of your four starters every week? Thanks for the feedback.
Results at similar tracks—- however, it doesn’t always pay off. Luck helps. — also momentum. Nothing seems to work all the time. This year has been a real struggle for a lot of us. This car doesn’t always follow ‘driver averages ‘ Good luck!

Ank Racing

Question?.?! Does anyone know if the tires used at Martinsville/ Phoenix are different from Vegas/ Homestead? I am assuming it is different. If so will they be the same as previous short tracks.?

Ank Racing

Several years ago when we had a practice before qualifying, and a real practice after— first practice was on Friday and our picks were due Saturday morning. That made it a little easier to determine a decent lineup! Wish it were still so!

Wildfire Motor Sports

Several years ago when we had a practice before qualifying, and a real practice after— first practice was on Friday and our picks were due Saturday morning. That made it a little easier to determine a decent lineup! Wish it were still so!
Yes that is why am asking. The weekly data in this Gen car is not predictive, the way is was with the longer practices and multiple practices of days gone by. Thank you for your response.