3-FS2-Xfinity p&q
5-FS2-ARCA 150

Sat-FS1 10:30-Cup p&q
12:30-NASCAR RaceDay
1:30-Xfinity 45-45-110

Sun - FS1 1-NASCAR RaceDay

2-Cup 120-130-150

Ank Racing

We have had more drivers with fractures and head injures ( possible concussions) in the new gen car than the prior cars. I love the safer barriers , etc. If it is Nascars aim is to get parity, I feel that it is a bad deal. I realize that a lot of money has been put into this package. It seems that the drivers want more horsepower,. It would probably make for better racing! I’d love to hear what everyone thinks? Safety? Horsepower? Improvements? Why so many concussions,back injuries, etc?

crashthe24

Staff member
other than drafting tracks, i think most of the wrecks that cause concussions and injuries seem to be related to tires exploding or just falling off the cars. maybe i haven't noticed it as much unless it's one of my drivers. many of my drivers have lost wheels while in the top 3 of the race.

Rusty

We have had more drivers with fractures and head injures ( possible concussions) in the new gen car than the prior cars. I love the safer barriers , etc. If it is Nascars aim is to get parity, I feel that it is a bad deal. I realize that a lot of money has been put into this package. It seems that the drivers want more horsepower,. It would probably make for better racing! I’d love to hear what everyone thinks? Safety? Horsepower? Improvements? Why so many concussions,back injuries, etc?
Don't get me started on how awful this new car is! The NextGen car is a LOT more rigid than previous cars so they don't crush as much. Crushing absorbs some of the energy of a crash so the driver doesn't get the full impact. Bowman was out with fractured vertebra and now Jones. Supposedly they softened up the nose but apparently not enough.

Juneau4

Bowman injury came from driving Larsons sprint car. Concussions, they basically were never talked about, they were just considered as part of the sport until Dale Jr made it a popular item after about his 5th one.

Rusty

Bowman injury came from driving Larsons sprint car. Concussions, they basically were never talked about, they were just considered as part of the sport until Dale Jr made it a popular item after about his 5th one.
Yeah, I misspoke that Bowman had fractured vertebrae... he had a concussion after a crash at Texas in 2022. Kurt Busch pretty much ended his career with a concussion at Pocono. Nascar did make some changes, but apparently that's not enough to protect the drivers. This car sucks in so many ways I'm convinced it was designed by that dingdong Brian France.