Daytona race thread

Ank Racing

Will the Chevy drivers all run together? Fords? Toyota’s? The 2nd race last night didn’t seem to make it happen. Does that make it a better race? I’d be interested in what everyone thinks! I have mixed feelings!

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
Will the Chevy drivers all run together? Fords? Toyota’s? The 2nd race last night didn’t seem to make it happen. Does that make it a better race? I’d be interested in what everyone thinks! I have mixed feelings!
I would imagine the manufacturers would want them to run together, Chevy seems to be big on that issue, does it make for better racing, I sure don't think so...

dandr

Today @ Daytona

9:30-10:20am/et - Cup Practice, FS2
10:40am/et, NXS Qualifying, FS2 then FS1
12:05-12:55pm/et, Cup Practice, FS1
5:00pm/et, Xfinity race, FS1. Green at 5:14pm/et.
(Also, ARCA race at 1:30pm/et on FS1)

dandr

And the Bowman issue is still up in the air.
First and Final Cup Practice cancelled.
Xfinity Qualifying cancelled. Lineup set by Owner points

Bob Pockrass @bobpockrass - 5m

Bowman team has not made an engine change. As of yesterday, they didn't think it was the engine. They obviously wanted a little practice today to confirm.

Last edited:

Tombo

Arca race on right now.love that series.they still allow anyone to bring a car and qualify like its supposed to be.

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Bob Pockrass

As the cars enter Turn 1 on Lap 2 of the Daytona 500, a video tribute to Dale Earnhardt will be shown on the video boards at the track. ... The scoring pylon will show No. 3 from top to bottom on Lap 3. ...

Fans will be encouraged to stand and hold up three fingers on Lap 3.