Saturday, August 26 (CUP)

NASCAR Cup Series
7 p.m. ETCoke Zero Sugar 400 (Daytona)
NBC

Peacock

MRN

SiriusXM

Juneau4

Justin Allgaier car had issue in tech. Enough of technical infraction that NASCAR will require Allgaier to drop to the rear and do a pass-through at the completion of opening lap Friday. Will lose pit selection for Darlington. Still needs to pass tech & will do qualifying lap.

2:29 PM · Aug 24, 2023
·
Views

Juneau4

Justin Allgaier car had issue in tech. Enough of technical infraction that NASCAR will require Allgaier to drop to the rear and do a pass-through at the completion of opening lap Friday. Will lose pit selection for Darlington. Still needs to pass tech & will do qualifying lap.

2:29 PM · Aug 24, 2023
·
Views
Ryan Sieg also (along with Justin Allgaier) will have to drop to the rear and do a pass-through for the Xfinity race at Daytona. Sieg car failed tech three times so they won't get to do a qualifying run. Allgaier issue was an infraction on the first time through.

This with Seig hurts! Still may use him.

Juneau4

Ryan Sieg and Jordan Anderson won't post a qualifying lap b/c multiple tech failures. Justin Allgaier, Parker Retzlaff and Jeb Burton (unspecified infraction found in tech) will do qualifying laps. All five of those drivers will drop to the rear and do pass-through tonight.

I hope they don't go a lap down after the pass-through.

Rusty

Ryan Sieg and Jordan Anderson won't post a qualifying lap b/c multiple tech failures. Justin Allgaier, Parker Retzlaff and Jeb Burton (unspecified infraction found in tech) will do qualifying laps. All five of those drivers will drop to the rear and do pass-through tonight.

I hope they don't go a lap down after the pass-through.
At least Allgaier, Sieg and Jordan will have each other to draft with coming out of the pits.

DownFarce

My thoughts on the race.........

Attachments

• youre-gonna-need-all-the-luck-you-can-get-travis-wheatly.gif
    youre-gonna-need-all-the-luck-you-can-get-travis-wheatly.gif
    871.6 KB · Views: 4

crashthe24

Staff member
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass
@bobpockrass

Daytona ET Sat 7-NBC-Prerace
7:46-NBC-Cup green
stages 40-40-80
NWS:80s,10%rain

Milwaukee ET Sat 2-Truck practice
3-ARCA p&q
Sun 11:30-FS2-Truck qual
1:11-FS1-ARCA green 150
3-FS1-NASCAR RaceDay
4:11-FS1-Truck green
stages 55-55-60
NWS:70s,1%

Wildfire Motor Sports

Hello everyone,
Most of the sites that I visit before each race have now moved Elliot into the pre-race favorite to win after qualifying. Can anyone help me understand why qualifying 23rd makes him the favorite? Thanks

Sleestak

The first two hours of the race are not going to be aired in DC area as preempted by a Washington Commanders preseason game. I have cable which gets me on NBCSN streaming, but that is not listed ... Peacock is. Does anyone know what peeps in my situation have for options or am I screwed?

crashthe24

Staff member
The first two hours of the race are not going to be aired in DC area as preempted by a Washington Commanders preseason game. I have cable which gets me on NBCSN streaming, but that is not listed ... Peacock is. Does anyone know what peeps in my situation have for options or am I screwed?

the last 2 years when tampa bay bucs preseason games are on NBC, the nbcsports app always works for me.
bob pockrass had a tweet about all the cities getting moved for football but i can't find it now.

crashthe24

Staff member
Hello everyone,
Most of the sites that I visit before each race have now moved Elliot into the pre-race favorite to win after qualifying. Can anyone help me understand why qualifying 23rd makes him the favorite? Thanks

so open your mind and pretend your a hendrick team or a chevy executive.
it comes down to the last 2 laps and elliot is in the top 6 or so.
chevy executives will tell all chevy teams before the race, if you help wallace or gibbs in a toyota with a push to the win, your ass is in trouble.
same goes for any ford driver.
it'll be all hands on deck to get either elliot or bowman to the win, so the strategy goes all in for that scenario.
even nascar would love to see the most popular driver (elliot) make the playoffs instead of missing them.
all that being said, sheeet happens and elliot may end up in a wreck any way.
that's why vegas and fantasy games have elliot as a top play.

Last edited:

Juneau4

so open your mind and pretend your a hendrick team or a chevy executive.
it comes down to the last 2 laps and elliot is in the top 6 or so.
chevy executives will tell all chevy teams before the race, if you help wallace or gibbs in a toyota with a push to the win, your ass is in trouble.
same goes for any ford driver.
it'll be all hands on deck to get either elliot or byron to the win, so the strategy goes all in for that scenario.
even nascar would love to see the most popular driver (elliot) make the playoffs instead of missing them.
all that being said, sheeet happens and elliot may end up in a wreck any way.
that's why vegas and fantasy games have elliot as a top play.
Did you mean Byron? I would say Bowman or Elliot-Byron is in.;) Just my thoughts.