NASCAR Xfinity Series
5 p.m. ETThe Loop 121
USA

NBC Sports Live

MRN

SiriusXM

crashthe24

Staff member
no radioactive Chicago because they've never run a street course, but because it's Chicago...

NEXT STOP CHI-TOWN LIDO put the money down and let it roll.

2 of Chicago's most popular songs

rest in peace Harry Caray

Juneau4

NASCAR Chicago Street Race 2023 tickets​

Ticket prices range from $269 to as much as $3,016 begininng with general admission all the way up to the President's Paddock Club. Visit www.nascarchicago.com for more information or to purchase tickets.

I was thinking about going to it, but my wife reminded me it was our 53 year anniversary and going to Chicago wasn't on the schedule. She didn't say what was so I still don't know.:unsure:

crashthe24

Staff member

Ticket prices range from $269 to as much as $3,016 begininng with general admission all the way up to the President's Paddock Club. Visit www.nascarchicago.com for more information or to purchase tickets.

I was thinking about going to it, but my wife reminded me it was our 53 year anniversary and going to Chicago wasn't on the schedule. She didn't say what was so I still don't know.:unsure:
I'd go with field reserved on the 2 day pass so you have less walking for the concert stage and air conditioned bathrooms for the wife. i've seen Miranda Lambert in concert and she blows the roof off the stage with a great show.
i'll be watching from home for zero dollars with no traffic jams and a loaded fridge with clean bathrooms.

Miranda and some hot chick named Danica in the fastest girl in town.

Last edited:

DownFarce

No brainer:unsure: 53 years..Go to race then make plans to fly out of O'Hare to her choice of a destination:eek:(y)

Ank Racing

Xfinity race postponed until tomorrow at 10am because of lightning.
I thought I read that Custer was declared the winner! The last thing Chicago would want is to have the streets closed fo Monday morning traffiic! It makes me worry about the cup race. I hate rain shortened races

crashthe24

Staff member
Here is Nascars decision on NOT finishing the Xfinity race on Monday.

NASCAR issued a statement explaining the decision to curtail the race:

“With standing water and flooding a significant issue at the race track and throughout the city, there was no option to return to racing prior to shifting to NASCAR Cup Series race operations. Throughout the entire planning process for the Chicago Street Race, our relationship with the City of Chicago has been strong and among the most valuable assets in reaching this historic weekend. In the spirit of that partnership, returning on Monday for the completion of a NASCAR Xfinity Series event two laps short of halfway was an option we chose not to employ. Based on several unprecedented circumstances, NASCAR has made the decision to declare Cole Custer the winner of the race.”

crashthe24

Staff member
sounds like the puddles are too much to clear for today because of the time of day.
no official postponement yet, but i think it's done for the day.

Ank Racing

sounds like the puddles are too much to clear for today because of the time of day.
no official postponement yet, but i think it's done for the day.
I’m guessing Chicago will not be happy to have the streets closed for another day!— if that happens😳

crashthe24

Staff member
sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
asked Darren to add Shane van Gisbergen to the drivers list this week.
had Stenhouse as one of my C's along with Dinger
practice started at 1:30 and lock was at 2:00 Saturday.
Stenhouse trashed his car early in practice so i pulled him and put in Shane before lock.
started Shane and he goes on to win for a nice 124 point DGG game score in C group.

Started the 45 car the last three races, glad I didn't fall into that trap this week. Not a big fan of the street race hype, reminds me of the non point clash race stuff...I still watch all of them tho. Happy 4th everyone!