Adding Drivers

Wildfire Motor Sports

In my opinion
New drivers should be automatically added to c group
Instead of commissioners having to check weekly
I totally agree and would appreciate this in my league this week to put AJ in as a choice, please nascargeek. My league is Light the Fire and Kick the Tires and my commissioner is not available.

nascargeek

Chief cook and bottle washer
Staff member
In my opinion
New drivers should be automatically added to c group
Instead of commissioners having to check weekly
Hang with me to the end of this ramble Whoopy.

Ya know, I guess I watched the 'road course ringers' never produce points in fantasy NASCAR during the 2000's and became indifferent to their presence and my desire to even consider to use them. Back then, everyone clamored to have road course whiz Pepe Le Pew added to the roster. And without fail, Pepe would have a stinky finish.

Now, it's just coincidence that I refer to road course ringers and AJ and this being a road course in this. He may do well. Or, he may end up too far down the nose of another Penske car like yesterday?

But, my point here with the many other things I have going on (and screw up along the way), being on notice that AJ (or whoever 'new') is in the race this week is just as much of a 'chore' for me as it is for the commissioners.

Someone has to do the work and I guess the assumption is that is might as while be me? ;)

I keep saying that I don't want to add drivers to groups in leagues after the season starts because I don't know the commissioners intention. True, it might only be a handful of leagues that say, "WTF is AJ Allmendinger doing in the C Group of my Short Tracks Only League? I thought it was My League, My Rules?"

Here's a thought. Another setting option in the leagues that is opted in or out of by checking or unchecking. "Automatically add new drivers to C Group as they become available?"

That would give me an easy hook to identify the leagues that the AJ's should go in.

Last edited:

runs on wine

At the very least, new drivers entered in any race could be added to the 'pool' of available drivers so commissioners would be able to add them to their league. It would be nice to be able to select from ALL drivers in a race. It would be a disappointing to have new drivers finish a race ahead of 'regular' drivers and we didn't have the opportunity to select them beforehand. This might be especially beneficial later in the season, giving us options when we begin to use up 'maximum starts' for the better drivers.

nascargeek

Staff member
At the very least, new drivers entered in any race could be added to the 'pool' of available drivers so commissioners would be able to add them to their league.

They are there. That's another aspect of this AJ thing. He. Is. Already. There.

This is from my Commissioner Dashboard for the DGG League. The Driver Pool shows drivers that are available but I have not put in any groups. AJ has been there (in the Driver Pool) since at least February 3, 2021. That is the date I, as commissioner doing commissionerly type stuff dragged him into the C Group for players in the DGG League to use.

I have not done that for all the leagues I commish because he doesn't fit with the theme of the league.
driver-pool.jpgdriver-pool.jpg

They are there. That's another aspect of this AJ thing. He. Is. Already. There.

This is from my Commissioner Dashboard for the DGG League. The Driver Pool shows drivers that are available but I have not put in any groups. AJ has been there (in the Driver Pool) since at least February 3, 2021. That is the date I, as commissioner doing commissionerly type stuff dragged him into the C Group for players in the DGG League to use.

I have not done that for all the leagues I commish because he doesn't fit with the theme of the league.
View attachment 28View attachment 28
Yes, but he is not available "there" for us to pick if the commissioner is awol. I too am a commissioner for my own league, and I moved the new drivers from the driver pool into the 'C' group to duplicate what was done in the "default rules" DGG League. However, my league is very small. So, I encouraged my members to join Fantasy Racing Cheat Sheet league since it is large. But, this is a league where the additional drivers have not been addressed yet. I hope the commissioner is okay.

Last edited:

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
Yes, but he is not available "there" for us to pick if the commissioner is awol. I too am a commissioner for my own league, and I moved the new drivers from the driver pool into the 'C' group to duplicate what was done in the "default rules" DGG League. However, my league is very small. So, I encouraged my members to join Fantasy Racing Cheat Sheet league since it is large. But, this is a league where the additional drivers have not been addressed yet. I hope the commissioner is okay.
I sent him a message on FB about Dinger yesterday and never got a response back, I know he was having computer issues a week or so back......

runs on wine

They are not in our driver pool. See below that McMurry is the only driver remaining in our pool. They drivers that you show have already been moved into our league groups. The following three drivers were entered in the Dayton road race but have not been available in the drivers pool: Bilicki, Heckert, & Ware How can these be added to the pool so we can select them if they are entered in the future?

Drag and drop drivers from the Driver Pool into Group A, B or C. Drivers can also be drag/dropped out of Group A, B or C back into the Driver Pool.

THE DRIVER POOL

jamie-mcmurray.jpg

McMurray

Rgrauberger

Can we get Landon Cassill added to the DGG group C, and the driver pool for customized leagues, now that we know Gaunt brothers is entering him this weekend and at Talladega in a few weeks? There have been a few times already this season where a "newly available" driver was not made available for the game--for example Harrison Burton, just recently. However, since we know for sure that Cassill will be entered in more than one race, and anything can happen at Daytona and Talladega, and because I am am an Iowan who has followed Landon since long before he was even in NASCAR, I would like the chance to use him this week. Thanks!

nascargeek

Staff member
Yes. He is in the DGG C Group and also available in the Commissioner Dashboard > Drivers - Driver Pool where you (the commissioner) can drag him to the group you want for your league.