Vegas race thread...

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
But he was certainly not hot in practice. What about Bowman who had much better lap averages than Kyle B?
I agree about practice (KB8).. Bowman, I don't know what it is about him but, he burns me A LOT !!!
I have a hard time trusting him... JMO though.... Now he will probably win the race. LOL

Ank Racing

I have the 8 on most of my DGG picks— on another contest I left him off- Logano,, Chastain, Bryon, Larson could also be top 5 IMO , but yes I agree the #8 has high potential.— other drivers as well.

crashthe24

Staff member
i'm officially in "save mode" for Kyle. i've used him last week and want to save 4 starts for the chase, so he better be awesome in practice and a top 5 qualifier to get a precious start until the chase.

Ank Racing

i'm officially in "save mode" for Kyle. i've used him last week and want to save 4 starts for the chase, so he better be awesome in practice and a top 5 qualifier to get a precious start until the chase.
It sounds good in theory. Sometimes it works out, however I have gotten burned a few times. Do I still do it— yeah, but there is something to be said for going with the hot hand.

Ank Racing

I agree about practice (KB8).. Bowman, I don't know what it is about him but, he burns me A LOT !!!
I have a hard time trusting him... JMO though.... Now he will probably win the race. LOL
You’re both right! I’ve got him on a few things but with my fingers crossed!

Rusty

I don't know about the rest of you but I sure did not see Byron dominating this race. I wonder what percentage of DGG players picked him?

Wildfire Motor Sports

I don't know about the rest of you but I sure did not see Byron dominating this race. I wonder what percentage of DGG players picked him?
Totally agree, there was not historical data to support his dominating this one mile and a half track. So I did not choose him. Damn, if data is not relevant then I will not do well.

crashthe24

Staff member
Totally agree, there was not historical data to support his dominating this one mile and a half track. So I did not choose him. Damn, if data is not relevant then I will not do well.
yeah, thank god for relevant data. i had Byron as my A starter.
95 DGG points at kansas last fall.
102 DGG points at texas last fall
102 DGG points at homestead last fall.
those seem to be 1.5 milers and today was 1.5 miles. hmmmnnn worth a shot today.
oh wait, you were making the point the other way to not use him. good thing i did.

Ank Racing

yeah, thank god for relevant data. i had had Byron as my A starter.
those seem to be 1.5 milers and today was 1.5 miles. hmmmnnn worth a shot today.
oh wait, you were making the point the other way to not use him. good thing i did.
I did not start Byron a lot in DDG, but decided to start the 24 instead of the #8 in a pay league.— not sure how I did with my other picks in that game!

Rusty

Good strategy! I don't see all 1.5 mile tracks as being created equal with different banking, etc. Maybe if you're good at one you're good at all?

crashthe24

Staff member
byron always does just enough to make the chase and then they seem to coast until the final 10 races.
probably will use him about 4 more times until the chase starts, so i have some left.

crashthe24

Staff member
Good strategy! I don't see all 1.5 mile tracks as being created equal with different banking, etc. Maybe if you're good at one you're good at all?
in a few years, if they quit putting out a new car every 2 years, i'll revert back to 3 of the best 4 finishes from each track.
it's just too hard with all the changes, so my spreadsheet is loaded with track types for the most part for now.

Ank Racing

I think two of the biggest differences in 1.5 tracks is banking and tire wear— imo!
My picks always suck for the first six or so races. This year is pretty much true to form! Hoping it improves!

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
Congrats, nice pick.... (y) (y)