USA

SUNDAY, OCT. 16​

NASCAR Cup Series
2:30 p.m. ETSouth Point 400
NBC

PRN

crashthe24

Staff member
does anybody know the math on the william byron penalty reversal.
if he didn't get his points restated would he be the driver eliminated and larson would be alive?
just curious.

Barneyfred

Briscoe ended up at 3104, Larson 3102... Byron finished at 3113, take away the 25, he would have had 3088, 14 behind Larson. Got 1 Hendrick in at the expense of the defending champ!!
Seriously though, Larson just hasn't adapted to this new car.

crashthe24

Staff member
meant to do this during the hurricane...
please think twice about donating money to the Red Cross during disaster relief.
there are really good about raising money.
they are really bad about getting help to the people who need it.
news reports are out today from the area that was hardest hit.
people at a red cross shelter are having peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for days on end.
a kitchen was to be set up at the shelter a week ago and never was.
where did all that money go?
you can't drop off diapers / toothpaste /new clothing or anything at a red cross collection point.
they only want cash and won't take your helpful items.
hurricane survivors get on the news and beg for diapers / toothpste / dry socks or shirts?
nowhere to be found because red cross took in cash instead of the supplies that people needed, but never seem to buy the stuff.
it's just sad how bad they are at getting help to people in need.
rant over... peace
and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Ank Racing

If I understand correctly- the same tire that was used at Texas will be used for Vegas. Lots of tire issues were had at Texas. I hope we are not in for the same issues!

Rusty

If I understand correctly- the same tire that was used at Texas will be used for Vegas. Lots of tire issues were had at Texas. I hope we are not in for the same issues!
It's the same tire codes that were used at Kansas-2 and Texas. Who knows for sure what will happen but the banking and surface of Las Vegas is more like that at Kansas and they didn't have a lot of tire problems there. We shall see!

Rusty

It's the same tire codes that were used at Kansas-2 and Texas. Who knows for sure what will happen but the banking and surface of Las Vegas is more like that at Kansas and they didn't have a lot of tire problems there. We shall see!
Well the race is over and I'm surprised that there are no comments on the Bubba Wallace / Kyle Larson battle. Twitter is blowing up about it. Should Nascar hand out penalties or was this just a racing deal?

Rusty

NASCAR has ignored far worse stunts. I don’t expect much . Maybe a “warning” but I have my doubts about even that!
I can see both sides. Bubba needed to make Larson realize that he won't be pushed around on the track but hooking someone at 180 mph is pretty darn dangerous. That said though, he's in the 45 car to race for an Owner's Championship and his car might have been able to be repaired, assuming it was even damaged at all. Big picture stuff.

crashthe24

Staff member
nascar has always seemed to forgive chevy's and especially hendrick for all other penalties and can be rough to downright severe on all other teams.
i expect them to park bubba for a race, make his pit crew wash and wax all of larson's personal cars, and have toyota make a donation to a chevy backed charity.
nascar is just ridiculous on their penalty decisions this year.

i'm siding with "it's a racing deal" the tires are so unstable that he couldn't control the car after the wreck and just happened to T-bone larson.

Last edited:

Ank Racing

nascar has always seemed to forgive chevy's and especially hendrick for all other penalties and can be rough to downright severe on all other teams.
i expect them to park bubba for a race, make his pit crew wash and wax all of larson's personal cars, and have toyota make a donation to a chevy backed charity.
nascar is just ridiculous on their penalty decisions this year.

i'm siding with "it's a racing deal" the tires are so unstable that he couldn't control the car after the wreck and just happened to T-bone larson.
Actually I think they have been pretty hard on Hendrick over years—- Chad Knaus was penalized a lot!

Ank Racing

Larsen should shoulder a lot of the blame for the accident initially. Wallace‘s action definayly took out the 20 and probably kept his car from possible repairs!
He made the situation worse.
Bubba is not the only racer that Larsen has done that to.

Last edited:

Ank Racing

Larsen should shoulder a lot of the blame for the accident initially. Wallace‘s action definayly took out the 20 and probably kept his car from possible repairs!
He made the situation worse.
Bubba is not the only racer that Larsen has done that to.
I didn’t realize thar Bubba pushed an official!

Ank Racing

I don’t disagree with the penalty. However— NASCAR is not consistent.Kenneth wrecked Lagano intentionly in a playoff race. 3 day suspension
Harvick intentionally wrecked the #9 in a playoff race—- NASCAR did nothing!

Last edited: