The 2024 Cup schedule sucks.

crashthe24

Staff member
So NBC can cover the olympics in the summer, Nascar has really torked the schedule.
they start on feb. 4th with the clash. the superbowl isn't until feb. 11th.
this year it was before the superbowl also. other than diehard fans, i don't think people will care.
race 1 is daytona and race 2 is atlanta. 2 superspeedways to start the season.
my fantasy scores will suffer greatly and that's way too many torn up race cars to start the season. small teams will suffer.
brickyard is july 21st and then the olympics takes over with no race until august 11th at richmond.
yeah that won't lose any casual fans with football starting soon after.
daytona is moved up to race 25 on the schedule so your last race cutoff before the playoffs becomes darlington.
many fans seemed to like that daytona was the cutoff race. too bad i guess.
the 10 races of the playoffs have 2 superspeedways and 2 road courses in 2024. REALLY?

i'm a diehard fan and will probably watch every race anyway, but i think the TV ratings are gonna suck next year after the olympic break.
what does everyone else think?

I am really disappointed about the changes to the playoff races next year. The playoff races should be about sorting out the year's best team to crown as NASCAR's champion. How do you do that with so many wild card chances of taking out the best car? Rounds 1 & 2 will each have a super-speedway and a road course race.