Talladega race thread...

dandr

Thanks everyone for all the good thoughts and prayers. It is appreciated.
We're still in Fort Lauderdale until tomorrow morning. We were going to extend our stay here, BUT the place we are in actually increased the price to do so! Let's hear it for "the man and the almighty dollar" during a disaster! So very sad.
Our building in Naples is standing and did not flood, but NO electricity and we're under a Boil Water Notice. Not looking forward to returning to that, been there and done that with Hurricane Irma, but thank God we have a place to return to at all.
From Fort Myers south to Naples, it looks like a war zone. Places and things that seemed to be there forever are now gone. Keep those thought and prayers coming folks!

Species 8472

We're still in Fort Lauderdale until tomorrow morning. We were going to extend our stay here, BUT the place we are in actually increased the price to do so! Let's hear it for "the man and the almighty dollar" during a disaster! So very sad.
Our building in Naples is standing and did not flood, but NO electricity and we're under a Boil Water Notice. Not looking forward to returning to that, been there and done that with Hurricane Irma, but thank God we have a place to return to at all.
From Fort Myers south to Naples, it looks like a war zone. Places and things that seemed to be there forever are now gone. Keep those thought and prayers coming folks!
Happy you and your home are good. California has anti-gouging laws including lodging in a declared emergency. Many significant fines with shortages during Covid. Makes my blood boil to hear about that

Rusty

Great to hear you're OK and your home survived the storm! We winter in that area as well and know it will be a challenging Season.

dandr

UPDATE: Staying in Fort Lauderdale through Wednesday morning now. No electricity in Duplex in Naples. God bless all those FPL workers for what they've accomplished thus far though!
We'll be pinching pennies to pay for this hotel bill the rest of the year, but at least we have a place to stay. (y)

Ank Racing

I’ve looked at all my charts and research, but not a single one told me who’s tires would blow or who‘s steering would go away!

Rusty

I’ve looked at all my charts and research, but not a single one told me who’s tires would blow or who‘s steering would go away!
I have replaced all my charts and spreadsheets with a roulette wheel. Much quicker and just about as accurate.

crashthe24

Staff member
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass
@bobpockrass

Talladega (ET) Sun 11:30-FS1-RaceDay
1-NBC-Prerace
2:04-NBC-Cup race
stages 60-60-68, 7 tire sets, fuel 34-38
To the rear: Gibbs (oil leak), Wallace (engine)
No tech in morning.
NWS: 70s, 0% rain

Cup pick for Talladega today: Keselowski ... top-5: Keselowski Chastain Bell Suarez Elliott ... longshot: Haley

crashthe24

Staff member
might be my worst score ever when all 4 drivers finished on the lead lap.
all my guys hung out in the back to miss the wrecks and then it was too late to make it to the front when no big wrecks happened.

Juneau4

might be my worst score ever when all 4 drivers finished on the lead lap.
all my guys hung out in the back to miss the wrecks and then it was too late to make it to the front when no big wrecks happened.
I was wondering what some of those guys were doing? Some that finished way back never made a move to the front even early in the race. Where was Truex? Logano just rode after the first segment-so did others. Some of the Johnney come lateleys did the same.

The Vikes lucked out.;)

Ank Racing

I was wondering what some of those guys were doing? Some that finished way back never made a move to the front even early in the race. Where was Truex? Logano just rode after the first segment-so did others. Some of the Johnney come lateleys did the same.

The Vikes lucked out.;)
I read somewhere that Lagano thought there would be wrecks and he would be able to get to the front. Surprise- never happened.