Scoring issue and no response from Darren (developer)

One of our players had an unusual scoring issue back in the Daytona race - his two B drivers didn't get the stage 2 bonus points (every one else who had those drivers were scored correctly). I've tried several things thru commissioner scoring edit and can't make it correct.

I have messaged Darren several times, both thru the "contact me" and direct by email - he has not even acknowledged my requests for help and its nearly four weeks now.

I have never met most drivers in my league and the player affected is in a close race for first place - so I really don't care to be posting manually adjusted results separate from the website - leads to mistrust!!

Any ideas why he isn't responding? He's always responded in the past - and I believe the expectations of a response from him are higher now that he has a mandatory fee?

crashthe24

Staff member
here we go again.
help me help you.
i've got no idea what your league id# is, so i can't speed up the process until i get that.
i need the players names of who got shorted points.
if you are the commish of the league, i don't understand the mistrust.
you post the error, try and make the change and post to the league that you can change the sores and as commish you can fix the problem.
but, you're also saying that you can't make the changes as commish which is another problem in itself.

get me the league id number
i'll text Darren, he'll tell me "why doesn't the commish make the changes" which will take time
then i'll have to text him back and then he'll say he'll look into it.
all out of my hands on the time, but i'll try and help.
i honestly don't understand what's up with your league.
you have had the most trouble of any league the last few years.
i run 10 different leagues a year and absolutely none of them have had issues that i can't fix as a commish.
you guys must be the unluckiest people ever that have played this league.

here we go again.
help me help you.
i've got no idea what your league id# is, so i can't speed up the process until i get that.
i need the players names of who got shorted points.
if you are the commish of the league, i don't understand the mistrust.
you post the error, try and make the change and post to the league that you can change the sores and as commish you can fix the problem.
but, you're also saying that you can't make the changes as commish which is another problem in itself.

get me the league id number
i'll text Darren, he'll tell me "why doesn't the commish make the changes" which will take time
then i'll have to text him back and then he'll say he'll look into it.
all out of my hands on the time, but i'll try and help.
i honestly don't understand what's up with your league.
you have had the most trouble of any league the last few years.
i run 10 different leagues a year and absolutely none of them have had issues that i can't fix as a commish.
you guys must be the unluckiest people ever that have played this league.
Oh come on - the only other time we have EVER chatted was on the Lucky Dog scoring last year - and you were rough on me then too ... I've had my league since day one of the site and have been a supporter of Darren and love it - I was one of those who voluntarily donated $$ to Darren's cause prior to it being mandatory and I helped him test the commissioner edit function along w/ reviewing the FAQ video on the topic - among other things

I didn't actually expect you to take our info and pass it on, but if thank you if you would.
The league ID is #1097
The affected team is Cobra Racing #7045
Logano and Keslowski are both missing S2 bonus - (their actual scoring for the race is 55 and 86) - like I said, it's scored correctly for everyone else in the league - see the pic attached

I have edited the lineup several ways - put in a blank lineup and saved/re-scored for zero points and then re-input in the actual lineup and saved but still came back as 297 v 305 - also moved drivers between B1/B2 etc and re-saved various iterations.

Thank you - Joe

1726718512982.png

crashthe24

Staff member
if this is the screenshot, it probably glitched because there is only 3 B drivers instead of 4.
i'll have him look into it.
you may want to find out if there was a 4th B driver and it didn't get entered or did he use a driver that ran out of starts.
does the 4th B driver deserve qualifying points.
let's get all the info 1st or he'll have to rescore it twice.

Thank you for the response - he forgot to enter a 4th B driver and left it blank -- in my iterations of saving different combo's I did enter an irrelevant B4 (ie; no qualifying points, etc.) and it did not change the final score

I will - thanks much -- i do have the bat text number too - but I thought it would be an invasion of his privacy since i don't have permission to use it for this purpose so i kept it to the "contact me" and his email - Joe

crashthe24

Staff member
Darren pays me $5 dollars a season for this moderators job and access to the bat-phone.
the exact cost of the $5 "donation".
i try and do my best for the money i'm paid, but sometimes things take longer than players would like.