Richmond race thread...

Motorhead55

Went 20-48-6-47. Another 300 points week but 47 hurt. That's 4 in a row but somehow still outside the top 300 in DDG. Either there a lot of tough players or scores are significantly up. Given I had under 230 at races 2 and 3

Motorhead55

I am proud I squeezed a start from Bk and got a top 10. That b-tier gonna be a problem at some point. AC in the 2 been good but not great. Harvick is gonna be a 9 start guy. Kyle Busch will be a 9 start guy. So will Truex Jr and Reddick. Bowman looking like it too. After that, we gonna have to mix and match

crashthe24

Staff member
I am proud I squeezed a start from Bk and got a top 10. That b-tier gonna be a problem at some point. AC in the 2 been good but not great. Harvick is gonna be a 9 start guy. Kyle Busch will be a 9 start guy. So will Truex Jr and Reddick. Bowman looking like it too. After that, we gonna have to mix and match

every year i always burn up 9 starts on 5 B guys for sure and that leaves 27 starts to spread from guys 6 thru 11 on the B list.
there's always a scrub who gets a win and then does well the 1st 2 rounds of the chase, so that eats about 6 starts instead of 1 or 2 for him.
your 6/7 guys will eat about 13 starts combined, so it boils down to 8 starts or so where you have to plug in someone who is not even close to being one of the 4 best B on that weekend. that's why so many players fade in the last 10 races. they always want to play the best 4 guys each week and then they start the chase with almost no good driver starts left, while someone like me usually has 4 starts for my top 3 guys and 3 starts for my 4/5 B guys.
good luck and glad to have your opinions back on here each week.

Ank Racing

A group— Most drivers have the potential to do well at most tracks.
B group— too easy to run out of good picks. It always takes me 5 or 6 races to figure out how strong different teams are going to be Gibbs was up and down last yr — Stewart Hass? Hopefully we are beginning to figure it out. Big teams continue to be the best— but some better than others.
c group— Always a challenge for me. I usually run short On picks by the time playoffs come around!

Motorhead55

every year i always burn up 9 starts on 5 B guys for sure and that leaves 27 starts to spread from guys 6 thru 11 on the B list.
there's always a scrub who gets a win and then does well the 1st 2 rounds of the chase, so that eats about 6 starts instead of 1 or 2 for him.
your 6/7 guys will eat about 13 starts combined, so it boils down to 8 starts or so where you have to plug in someone who is not even close to being one of the 4 best B on that weekend. that's why so many players fade in the last 10 races. they always want to play the best 4 guys each week and then they start the chase with almost no good driver starts left, while someone like me usually has 4 starts for my top 3 guys and 3 starts for my 4/5 B guys.
good luck and glad to have your opinions back on here each week.
I agreed. I do see why you gotta use the use ‘em while they are hot approach though. Start saving early as possible is my usual strategy. Sometimes it don’t work out. You have to find a nice balance, in my opinion. My best years were ones I found consistent results. If I am start saving in B, I am making sure one of my b guys are hot or in top tier equipment. And my A guy can contend for a win. This year, I think B will be the challenge. Will be interesting if z Bubba can get consistent or if Dillon show better results or even RFK can remain visible fantasy options. Those will be key later on. We have so many different tracks now though it is easier than it use to be. When I first came serious about playing Fantasy Nascar about 12 years , there were so many cookie cutters and higher speed tracks. Now we got all of these short tracks, flat tracks and road courses where we can steal starts from.

Motorhead55

A group— Most drivers have the potential to do well at most tracks.
B group— too easy to run out of good picks. It always takes me 5 or 6 races to figure out how strong different teams are going to be Gibbs was up and down last yr — Stewart Hass? Hopefully we are beginning to figure it out. Big teams continue to be the best— but some better than others.
c group— Always a challenge for me. I usually run short On picks by the time playoffs come around!
Absolutely agree. On B, I don’t know if this is a deep as past years (I seen some stack B lists) but I think long as BK, Dillon, AC, Suarez, etc can be competitive then we be okay. You can throw in the 14 and 34 as well at road courses. 48, 4, 8, 19 and 45 should be the 5 studs of the grouping. Probably could add 2 as the 6th. C I think is deeper than other years. But maybe not in terms of pure potential though. 54 is a stud. There’s a gap to 16, 41,42, 47 and 7. That’s enough for us to get 36 starts from with ease. Especially with the road courses and superspeedways