PLEASE GIVE COMMISSIONERS THE ABILITY....

AJ Johnson

to adjust player scoring in the future. it's bad enough that justin haley gets scored his points for 17th and every time there is a DQ'd driver our leagues don't reflect the official finishing position... at least please let commissioners in leagues work around this so the league standings are accurate without people having to constantly remember everyone's true total points isn't accurate.

crashthe24

Staff member
on the main page of the DGG game, in the lower left hand corner at the bottom, there is a CONTACT ME link.
click that and then please read the whole thing before sending Darren a message.
Darren the site owner, very rarely gets on this forum and reads things.
that's what the CONTACT ME link is for.
as far as your problem, i think the commish can go to league settings and edit entries.
the commish will need to get approval of the player that used haley, but you can switch haley for group C1 starter and that should zero out that score. i've never tried it, but that should work.
how many people in your league used haley as an actual starter?

AJ Johnson

i appreciate your time & response but it's more complicated than that. in my league i have haley as a B driver & i have a custom scoring setup. beyond that, everyone's score has to be adjusted because everyone had at least 1 driver finish behind haley which means their official result was 1 position higher than at the end of the race due to haley's DQ.

cousinsrm

I agree AJ. I've put that same comment about DQ'd drivers still getting their points mannny times and basically have been told tough sh*t. I really wish our scores were reflected with actual/Official race results and not at the time of the Checkers. This has impacted my league in the past a few times costing ppl $$.

crashthe24

Staff member
well the TOUGH SH#T part comes from the MAJORITY of people who said CHANGE IT BACK DAMMIT, after YOUR way was tried.
for a while in the past Darren re-scored the race the next day if there was a DQ. then people bitched and said change it back after the Jimmy Johnson DQ race i think. he got a bunch of feedback after that race and the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY was "keep it like draftkings does it." when the race ends, Nascar waits a little bit (sometimes less than 15 minutes) before the UNOFFICIAL results are sent out. then places like draftkings and all the betting markets get scored that way. that is the scoring feed that Darren gets and uses.

so basically the tough shi#t part of your answer was 90 percent or more want the scoring done right away and if there is a DQ hours later.
it's tough crap because 90 percent of the people gave feedback the other way and now your guys get to slam his product on here for eternity.
BITCH AND SCREAM and get it out of your system. 10 percent of you feel one way and 90 percent don't. i get it.
it's probably not gonna change so why don't you just tell your leagues, "THAT'S the way it is" and sorry for the inconvenience.
feel free to spend months learning a coding language and maybe you can program your own game the way you want it.

AJ Johnson

I agree AJ. I've put that same comment about DQ'd drivers still getting their points mannny times and basically have been told tough sh*t. I really wish our scores were reflected with actual/Official race results and not at the time of the Checkers. This has impacted my league in the past a few times costing ppl $$.
well i might not be able to change the scoring shown on the site, but a couple years ago when i realized the site wasn't changing the scoring based on official results, i told my league participants that i would edit the scoring regardless - even if we had a running count of the points to add or subtract from the people's listed point total in the standings.

AJ Johnson

well the TOUGH SH#T part comes from the MAJORITY of people who said CHANGE IT BACK DAMMIT, after YOUR way was tried.
for a while in the past Darren re-scored the race the next day if there was a DQ. then people bitched and said change it back after the Jimmy Johnson DQ race i think. he got a bunch of feedback after that race and the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY was "keep it like draftkings does it." when the race ends, Nascar waits a little bit (sometimes less than 15 minutes) before the UNOFFICIAL results are sent out. then places like draftkings and all the betting markets get scored that way. that is the scoring feed that Darren gets and uses.

so basically the tough shi#t part of your answer was 90 percent or more want the scoring done right away and if there is a DQ hours later.
it's tough crap because 90 percent of the people gave feedback the other way and now your guys get to slam his product on here for eternity.
BITCH AND SCREAM and get it out of your system. 10 percent of you feel one way and 90 percent don't. i get it.
it's probably not gonna change so why don't you just tell your leagues, "THAT'S the way it is" and sorry for the inconvenience.
feel free to spend months learning a coding language and maybe you can program your own game the way you want it.
i'm not worried about it. i am extremely grateful for Darrin, the league and all he does for us. i've professed this on many occasion. ideally i'd like the option to edit scoring based on circumstances like this. but either way, even if i can't, my league knows that we are going off official results. i re-tabulated everyone's score accordingly, + and - whatever amount listed in commissioner's notes.