Bristol dirt race thread...

crashthe24

Staff member
this will be one of those where you get to the chase and go "how the hell did ________ (bubba / stenhouse / whomever make the chase?)
oh yeah it was that stupid bristol dirt race where only 18 cars were still running at the end and they got lucky and won.

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member

Bob Pockrass
@bobpockrass

Drivers get points in their heat based on their finish on a 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 scale. And then they get one point for every spot improved from start to finish in heat (no negative points). Lineup set by those heat race points. Ties broken by owner points.

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
At this point , I hate to use top drivers that I might need later! However, I don’t want to throw the week away! LOL! Maybe qualifying heats will tell us something??? This seems as much of a wild card as ‘Dega next week!
Yea, I'm so unsure of this race that I'm thinking about even using Bubba & Stenhouse in B and Gilliland in C... Scares the crap out me even thinking about that......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

crashthe24

Staff member
@bobpockrass
Bristol dirt race today.
FOX 6-RaceDay
7:14p-Cup race green. Stages 75-75-100
No tech today as cars impounded. Any cars to the rear for unapproved adjustments TBD.
Weather: 60s day, 50s night, 30% rain, 50% after 9pm

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member

Bob Pockrass
@bobpockrass

Green flag at 7:04p ET. Stages 75-75-100, Anything at or after Lap 125 is an official race if it rains and can’t resume. Likely means teams might wait until Stage 2 break to take tires/fuel. Need to take fuel either at first or second stage break. Stage breaks 6 minutes.