crashthe24

Staff member
CUP practice speeds...
top 3 in speed - logano / hamlin / reddick
top 3 in 5 lap avg - jones / bell / cindric
top 3 in 10 lap avg. - wallace / bell / nemecek
top 3 in 20 lap avg. - bell / logano / chastain

Ank Racing

I'll tell you one thing... I won't be picking Logano again until I see his team put a decent car under him. How could he be fastest in practice and so awful in the race? Nemechek taking him out was a mercy killing.
Not sure that I’m a fan of this car. Do you think more horsepower would make a better race? (IMO —parity is overrated)

Rusty

Not sure that I’m a fan of this car. Do you think more horsepower would make a better race? (IMO —parity is overrated)
It's pretty obvious that this car was engineered to race well on intermediate tracks. Nascar basically turned their backs on the bread and butter short tracks and now they're trying little "tweaks" to make it better. I agree about parity being overrated. Mid-race at Phoenix I looked at the lap times and everyone was turning 29.xx lap times. With everyone going the same speed, nobody could pass so round and round and round they went like a high speed parade lap. Denny Hamlin says that more HP would help and he's probably right.

Ank Racing

It's pretty obvious that this car was engineered to race well on intermediate tracks. Nascar basically turned their backs on the bread and butter short tracks and now they're trying little "tweaks" to make it better. I agree about parity being overrated. Mid-race at Phoenix I looked at the lap times and everyone was turning 29.xx lap times. With everyone going the same speed, nobody could pass so round and round and round they went like a high speed parade lap. Denny Hamlin says that more HP would help and he's probably right.
Totally agree!