Scoring in progress?

Zcommissioner1

Hey all,

Been a member and commissioner since the start of DGG, really appreciate all the work Darren and others have put into this site to keep us ex-yahoo league players going! My question is around the "scoring in progress" which shuts the site completely down. Is there a way for the coding monkeys to make changes in scoring in a staging area then push live, as opposed to shutting players out of their leagues? I'm sure it has something to do with the way the site architecture is built, but with the Truck series being included this year (which is awesome), I'm wondering if we're going to be 'locked out' more often? or is this just a week 1 thing?

I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but the fact is there are lots of players I'm sure who have limited times in which they can change drivers, or for us commissioners, manage our leagues. So just wondering if this is an expectation we should have going into this season, and if so could have a trickle-down effect on those players who are on the fence about continuing to play due to user XP?

Again, reiterating that I understand this is a huge lift for a one-person operation or even a small team, so appreciate what you all do, just looking for clarification so I can give my league a heads up.

Thanks guys,
Zack