Kansas thread

crashthe24

Staff member
Buschy McBusch Race Logo

BUSCHY MCBUSCH RACE 400
The NASCAR Cup Series returns to Kansas Speedway for the first race of our 2021 season! We currently don't have tickets for the Buschy McBusch Race 400 available online, but sign up below to be notified if inventory becomes available. We do have tickets available online for the May 1 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and ARCA Menards Series doubleheader!
Sunday, May 2, 20212:00 PM

SATURDAY, MAY 1
ARCA Menards Series
1:30 p.m. ETDutch Boy 150
FS1

MRN
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
7:30 p.m. ETWise Power 200
FS1

MRN
SUNDAY, MAY 2
NASCAR Cup Series
3 p.m. ETBuschy McBusch Race 400
FS1

MRN

TSN

Barneyfred

Question: is it important in the fantasy game of were they pit? Is there bad pit spaces were you dont want to have? Never did quite understand the pit selection spots and how it affects fantasy picks. Help please. LOL

IMO, I don't believe in having a bad pit stall, but I do look at those who have an advantage with either an opening behind or in front of them. We all know about the advantage of the the #1 pit stall.... looking at the chart above, the 7th & 8th, 17th, 18th, 20, 23 27, 28, 37, 38 & 41st pit stalls all have openings, especially the #20 stall chosen by #18 which has 2 vacant pit stalls plus an opening behind him.
Hope this helps.

Swervin Ervin

IMO, I don't believe in having a bad pit stall, but I do look at those who have an advantage with either an opening behind or in front of them. We all know about the advantage of the the #1 pit stall.... looking at the chart above, the 7th & 8th, 17th, 18th, 20, 23 27, 28, 37, 38 & 41st pit stalls all have openings, especially the #20 stall chosen by #18 which has 2 vacant pit stalls plus an opening behind him.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,that helps alittle. I just remember a couple races that I was wacthing this year(forget what they were). of where the annoucers (mike joy) i think was talking about the good pit stalls and the bad ones. didnt quite understand. I know about the #1 spot but i was just guessing as to maybe some spots have different angles upon reintry to the pitroad
sorry sloppy. i need to go to bed. lol

Tombo

Question: is it important in the fantasy game of were they pit? Is there bad pit spaces were you dont want to have? Never did quite understand the pit selection spots and how it affects fantasy picks. Help please. LOL
Oh yeah very important in real and fantasy.you get stuck behind someone or pullout in middle of othets coming in.first and last stalls usually best.
It depends on the track too.

Swervin Ervin

Hope this helps.
So in your opinion, Kyle B. has a better pit spot than lets say; Kyle Larson.
They are both good at this track, but if I had to pick one; I give the edge to Kyle B? I see what your saying and what tombo said about the chance of someone slowing you down or running you over. Thats what your saying, when you would want the pit place with the openings behind you and in front of you. interesting. Thanks

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
So in your opinion, Kyle B. has a better pit spot than lets say; Kyle Larson.
They are both good at this track, but if I had to pick one; I give the edge to Kyle B? I see what your saying and what tombo said about the chance of someone slowing you down or running you over. Thats what your saying, when you would want the pit place with the openings behind you and in front of you. interesting. Thanks
This week KB18 has a better pit stall than Larson (IMO), nobody behind the 18 plus the 53 (Smithley) is in front of KB18 and when or if he (53) goes a lap down the 53 wont be able to pit with the leaders so that stall will be empty to when the 18 pits as long as he's on the lead lap.....

Rusty

This week KB18 has a better pit stall than Larson (IMO), nobody behind the 18 plus the 53 (Smithley) is in front of KB18 and when or if he (53) goes a lap down the 53 wont be able to pit with the leaders so that stall will be empty to when the 18 pits as long as he's on the lead lap.....
Larson's crew chief was late to pick in the draw because of his poor finish at Talladega, so he wound up between 2 cars that probably won't go a lap down. That may be a problem for him both in pit in and pit out. Generally speaking it's better to have a pit stall with clear pit out than pit in so you don't get blocked exiting. The #1 stall is the best because it's almost impossible to get a speeding penalty exiting with only a short distance to the pit exit line.

beervo2

Rock On
Staff member
Larson's crew chief was late to pick in the draw because of his poor finish at Talladega, so he wound up between 2 cars that probably won't go a lap down. That may be a problem for him both in pit in and pit out. Generally speaking it's better to have a pit stall with clear pit out than pit in so you don't get blocked exiting. The #1 stall is the best because it's almost impossible to get a speeding penalty exiting with only a short distance to the pit exit line.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)