Gateway and Portland race thread...

crashthe24

Staff member
Menards (West series) and Xfinity are in Portland. Trucks and Cup are at Gateway.

Friday, June 2​

ARCA Menards Series West
5 p.m. ETPractice (Portland)No TV
ARCA Menards Series West
6:10 p.m. ETQualifying (Portland)No TV
ARCA Menards Series West
8 p.m. ETPortland 112
FloRacing

MRN

crashthe24

Staff member

Saturday, June 3 (XFINITY)

NASCAR Xfinity Series
11:30 a.m. ETPractice (Portland)No TV
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Noon ETQualifying (Portland)
FS1
NASCAR Xfinity Series
4:30 p.m. ETPacific Office Automation 147
FS1

MRN

SiriusXM

crashthe24

Staff member

Friday, June 2 (TRUCKS)

NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series
6 p.m. ETPractice (Gateway)
FS1
6:30 p.m. ETQualifying (Gateway)
FS1

Saturday, June 3 (TRUCKS)

1:30 p.m. ETToyota 200
FS1

MRN

SiriusXM

crashthe24

Staff member

Saturday, June 3 (CUP)

NASCAR Cup Series
10 a.m. ETPractice (Gateway)
FS1

MRN

SiriusXM
NASCAR Cup Series
10:45 a.m. ETQualifying (Gateway)
FS1

MRN

SiriusXM

Sunday, June 4​

NASCAR Cup Series
3:30 p.m. ETEnjoy Illinois 300 (Gateway)
FS1

MRN

SiriusXM

Juneau4

Chase Elliott suspended: NASCAR suspends Chase Elliott for one race for wrecking Denny Hamlin at Charlotte. He would need to request a waiver to remain playoff eligible, a request that NASCAR has granted to other drivers who were suspended for one race.

Ank Racing

Chase Elliott suspended: NASCAR suspends Chase Elliott for one race for wrecking Denny Hamlin at Charlotte. He would need to request a waiver to remain playoff eligible, a request that NASCAR has granted to other drivers who were suspended for one race.
I wonder why Chastain hasn’t been suspended for wrecking multiple drivers, Also Hamlin intentionally wrecked Chase several years ago at Martinsville. — no penalty.
I don’t believe Chase intentionally wrecked him! I think NASCAR is still pissed at Hendrick because part of the penalty that was recended in appeal a few months ago. IMO!

crashthe24

Staff member
uncle Bob dropping some knowledge...
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass
@bobpockrass

For those asking, if LaJoie wins in No. 9 car, he makes the drivers championship playoffs (Chase would have to earn his way in with a win or by pts) while the HMS No. 9 car would be in owners playoffs. The bonus $$ for end of season based entirely on owner finish, not driver.

Rusty

I don’t believe Chase intentionally wrecked him! I think NASCAR is still pissed at Hendrick because part of the penalty that was recended in appeal a few months ago. IMO!
I didn't believe it at first either but the SMT data showed he jerked the steering wheel to the left and turned Hamlin into the wall. Now mind you I'm sure Hamlin deserved to be wrecked after squeezing Elliott into the wall but Nascar is saying that hooking another car like that is not the way to do it.

Ank Racing

I didn't believe it at first either but the SMT data showed he jerked the steering wheel to the left and turned Hamlin into the wall. Now mind you I'm sure Hamlin deserved to be wrecked after squeezing Elliott into the wall but Nascar is saying that hooking another car like that is not the way to do it.
Regardless, I don’t believe NASCAR is consistent in penalties. Harvick wrecking Chase at the Roval a few years ago was pretty obv. — no penalty
My biggest reason for not getting on board with the “intentional “ is that it’s hard to envision Chase making that kind of move knowing it would take his car out as well. — not doubting how it might appear! Hendrick will most likely not appeal — probably doesn’t want to risk Nascars rath once again. I respect everyone’s opinion.LOL— there have been times I’ve wished he would retaliate against other drivers!

Rusty

Regardless, I don’t believe NASCAR is consistent in penalties. Harvick wrecking Chase at the Roval a few years ago was pretty obv. — no penalty
My biggest reason for not getting on board with the “intentional “ is that it’s hard to envision Chase making that kind of move knowing it would take his car out as well. — not doubting how it might appear! Hendrick will most likely not appeal — probably doesn’t want to risk Nascars rath once again. I respect everyone’s opinion.LOL— there have been times I’ve wished he would retaliate against other drivers!
I'm thinking that Chase knew his car was toast after being squeezed into the wall anyway so might as well take out the guy that caused it. Nascar is on a slippery slope here though with penalizing a driver for intentionally wrecking another driver. When Bubba hit Larson last year it was pretty obvious what he intended to do. Chase was a bit more subtle. The question is where does Nascar draw the line?

Sleestak

I'm thinking that Chase knew his car was toast after being squeezed into the wall anyway so might as well take out the guy that caused it. Nascar is on a slippery slope here though with penalizing a driver for intentionally wrecking another driver. When Bubba hit Larson last year it was pretty obvious what he intended to do. Chase was a bit more subtle. The question is where does Nascar draw the line?
Both Chase and Bubba intentionally hooked a guy into the wall and both got suspended. Line drawn on intentionally hooking guys into the wall.

Rusty

Both Chase and Bubba intentionally hooked a guy into the wall and both got suspended. Line drawn on intentionally hooking guys into the wall.
The key word there is "intentionally." That's the gray area. It was pretty obvious with Bubba/Larson... Bubba went hunting for him. Elliott's hit on Hamlin didn't show intent until Nascar (and Hamlin) examined the SMT data. Elliott said the car was damaged from hitting the wall and he couldn't steer it. So now every time one car hits another in the right rear are they going to go through a review process to establish intent? That's the slippery slope.

crashthe24

Staff member
@bobpockrass

WWTR Gateway announces it is sold out for Sunday. No walk-up or general admissions options available through its ticket office for Sunday.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts are good for St. Louis! Hey nascar, remember when you thought it's be smart to take the indy race and chicago race and make them road courses?

well it looks like midwest race fans still like the ovals. bring back the brickyard oval.

crashthe24

Staff member
@bobpockrass

Bob's pick for Cup race today at WWTR Gateway: Chastain ... Chastain Truex Blaney Busch Byron ... longshot: Harvick
Today-FS1 2-NASCAR RaceDay
3:42-Cup green flag,
stages 45-95-100,
10 sets, fuel 72-76

To the rear: None at moment
NWS: 90s, 25% rain