2023 DGG game READ THIS FIRST

Zcommissioner1

Re: 5$ donation. I have no problem with the 5$ fee, but I would suggest changing the terminology from 'donation' to 'fee'. It is confusing, as a 'donation' infers a choice, but it seems like there isn't a choice, so why not call it a 'fee'?

When I first saw the prompt, I automatically interpreted it as an 'option', and glossed right by it. But as I have been communicating to my league and trying to recruit new members, I need to consider this in my communications so it is clear.

I know it's been asked, but I'm still not clear, is it mandatory or suggested?

Thanks,
Z

Probably because people would get mad if you called it a fee.

This does not go over as well:

Please help support my effort to profit from this site. I've logged 650+ hours, so far, coding for the 2023 season. The previous five seasons I've offered Driver Group Game ad-free and free to play. This 6th season I am requesting a minimum $5 FEE per player to be made to play Driver Group Game. Play in as many leagues as you want, all are covered with this single transaction.

As I recall, when the site was started it was stated that it would ALWAYS be free so that is a little tricky also.

This would be a more accurate notice:

I've had this site for five years and have not made any money yet. I wasted 650 hours coding on a site that makes no money. I'm tired of it. If you do not donate $5, you will not be on my site this year.

crashthe24

Staff member
This would be a more accurate notice:

I've had this site for five years and have not made any money yet. I wasted 650 hours coding on a site that makes no money. I'm tired of it. If you do not donate $5, you will not be on my site this year.
you say Darren wasted 650 hours. just stop with the attacks.
if you're that pissed, just leave the game and the forum.

you say Darren wasted 650 hours. just stop with the attacks.
if you're that pissed, just leave the game and the forum.
I have left the game. It's not an attack. He says he has put in 650+ hours and wants $5. That's a fact. It will be worth it to most people. It is not a charitable contribution.

650+ hours by the way is 8 hours per day for the last 3 months.

ZL1 Motorsports

well jimmy, it was free when i posted that a week ago. i'm just the humble moderator that relays info from here to Darren because he doesn't spend much time reading the forums. i get paid zero dollars to be moderator, so i'm staying out of this one.
i just found out about the donation a little bit ago.
i'll let darren know to look at your post.
Crash, I got one question for you I'm not sure how to donate to this thing on this page you scroll up two spots to Jimmy James at the bottom of his deal it says donate can you make a donation there or do you got to go someplace else to make a donation.?

crashthe24

Staff member
I have left the game. It's not an attack. He says he has put in 650+ hours and wants $5. That's a fact. It will be worth it to most people. It is not a charitable contribution.

650+ hours by the way is 8 hours per day for the last 3 months.
cut it out, now you're calling Darren a liar. the attacks keep on coming with you.
he's been working on it way before the season ended last november, but you just want to bitch.

Fat Cat

This Danica creature sounds like some kind of miserable soul that needs to
just crawl back into her hole (outside of DGG)
We'd all be better off if she just disappeared.

Danica Lifes too short (no pun intended) for all this Drama,,, i told you id pay your 5$ fee and your still bitching for days after... i tried to help you many times in many messages since your first complaint,,, as Fatty said Crawl back in your hole...

Last edited:
Crash, I got one question for you I'm not sure how to donate to this thing on this page you scroll up two spots to Jimmy James at the bottom of his deal it says donate can you make a donation there or do you got to go someplace else to make a donation.?
For proper crediting...

1. At the top of PayPal's donation page, (just below the amount of your donation) is a plus sign (+)
  2. It is labeled 'PLAYER IDs associated with donation'
  3. Click the plus sign (+) and simply enter the PLAYER ID (or IDs) that the donation is for.

Danica Lifes too short (no pun intended) for all this Drama,,, i told you id pay your 5$ fee and your still bitching for days after... i tried to help you many times in many messages since your first complaint,,, as Fatty said Crawl back in your hole...
I'm not bitching. I don't care. It is fine with me. It think it is fair. I don't particularly like the Yahoo! game.

It's funny to have a fee and call it a donation. You've got to admit a required donation is really funny.

It's also funny to have a league with a 20% administration fee. That is really funny. I'll pass.

Dawg

Ok.... so.... this is frustrating. I understand $5 isn't a lot, but this should've been communicated if this was ever a possible thought. I already recruited new NASCAR fans to sign up and try it out. Now a few are wavering and I'm using this as a way to increase NASCAR awareness, not for gambling purposes. I also just bought the Fantasy Racing Cheat Sheet - Owner Level. Since I paid Darren for that already, can those that have bought in already get credit? Thanks.
I'm hoping so. I've paid Owner fees @ $79 a pop from DGG inception till last year and current where I only went for Crew Chief @ $36. I can't imagine Darren won't make it right, he's a stand up dude. I just wonder how many others did what you and I did and haven't spoken up. I'd hate to see a mixup like this cause a mass exit of players.

Dawg

I'm hoping so. I've paid Owner fees @ $79 a pop from DGG inception till last year and current where I only went for Crew Chief @ $36. I can't imagine Darren won't make it right, he's a stand up dude. I just wonder how many others did what you and I did and haven't spoken up. I'd hate to see a mixup like this cause a mass exit of players.
My situation has been remedied. Thanks Darren ✌

Dawg

My situation has been remedied. Thanks Darren ✌
I spoke too soon. My donations over the years were intended for me and my wife. User ID #1494.
$230 over the past four years should cover that. Apologies for jumping the gun when I saw my status as paid. I just assumed she was taken care of since I provided her ID# in earlier post. KillenTime User ID #1494