SATURDAY, AUGUST 27​

NASCAR Cup Series
7 p.m. ETCoke Zero Sugar 400
NBC

Peacock

MRN

SiriusXM

Juneau4

So this opens the door for Busch to retire at the end of this year and Ty Gibbs takes his seat, then at the end of 2023 Truex retires, Gibbs takes his seat and Reddick moves to the 23XI team. May sound crazy, but very possible.

Barneyfred

So how many others got this email yesterday??

Driver Group Game

Race #26 - Daytona

Hi fantasy NASCAR player,
The Cup Series will qualify on Friday at 5:05pm ET for the race Saturday night. This is one of the weeks we get to make picks after the lineup is set, for what that's worth since this is Daytona.
There will be no qualifying bonuses added to your final score this week.
Here is the race entry list on my statistics website FRCS.pro. You can follow the links from that page for Practice data that includes 10-lap averages times and 5-,10-,15-,20-,25- and 30-lap speeds.
Your DGG Entries will 'partially lock' on Saturday, Aug 27th, at 8:00am ET.
When your entry becomes partially locked you can no longer add different drivers than the eight selected. You can still move drivers between Starter and Bench Positions prior to the entry form becoming fully locked.
Entries will 'fully lock' on Saturday, August 27th, at 7:00pm ET.
When your entry fully locks you can no longer change drivers or their slot position. Sit back and enjoy the race.​

Juneau4

Driver Group Game

Race #26 - Daytona

The Cup Series will qualify on Friday at 5:05pm ET for the race Saturday night. This is one of the weeks we get to make picks after the lineup is set, for what that's worth since this is Daytona.
Here is the race entry list on my statistics website FRCS.pro. You can follow the links from that page for Practice data that includes 10-lap averages times and 5-,10-,15-,20-,25- and 30-lap speeds.
When your entry becomes partially locked you can no longer add different drivers than the eight selected. You can still move drivers between Starter and Bench Positions prior to the entry form becoming fully locked.
When your entry fully locks you can no longer change drivers or their slot position. Sit back and enjoy the race.​
I did--one place says 8:00am Fri. Aug 26 and this says Sat. :unsure: Seems strange to me. Guess we will find out soon.

Ank Racing

Driver Group Game

Race #26 - Daytona

I’m guessing some of us may be changing picks after qualifying! — not that starting position means a lot in this race! LOL! Time to pull my driver picks out of a hat!

Rusty

So, the rosters lock on Saturday but I'm still confused whether we will get qualifying points.

Screenshot_20220826-094929~2.png

Juneau4

I interpret it that there will be no qualifying points. I hope qualifying gets rained out today or there is going to be some angry people in some leagues.

Next year maybe there should be no qualifying points and you just pick your 4 drivers up to a half hour before race time. No bench, just the 4 starters.

crashthe24

Staff member
radar looks bad.
no way this starts on time.
hope they get this in tonight.
based on the hourly weather, the best times are 11pm until 3am.
i think nascar won't run past 1am, so a playoff position decider may be a shortened race.